Register

Reducing plastic

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Reducing plastic

Postby Pepper Pig » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:00 pm

Amersham used to be the place for secondhand posh stuff but last time I looked all those places had closed down. EBay does quite a good line in MOTB though.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:01 pm

Amersham is also the home of a FB group devoted to re-cycyling just about anything (Amersham Recycles for Medic to Medic) ..... shame it's a bit of a trek, even for me :( :cry:

Here at home, what plastic can't go in our Council re-cycling bags, gets saved up and then taken to Tesco to be put in their plastic cage for just this, but I fear is only burnt to reduce the volume :roll:

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:09 pm

North London Waste Authority have updated the info on their sites and I found this buried in the small print :idea:

Please note that due to contractor difficulties we’re temporarily not accepting textiles, i.e. bedding or curtains, at reuse and recycling centres (RRCs). We are working hard to resolve the textile problem and hope to go back to normal very soon. Please accept our apologies and let us know if you need guidance on these items in the meantime. Items of clothing can continue to be taken to your centre as usual.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox