Register

Why don’t you like?

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Why don’t you like?

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:35 pm

KeenCook2 wrote:Morning Pat! This is the kettle we have although it was around the £55 mark when we got it a good few years ago, as far as I recall ... we certainly didn't pay close on £100! And it was bought with present money from my elderly cousin.

The green tea temp is 80 degrees, actually the lowest of them all.

White tea is 85 degrees, Oolong 90, and coffee is 95 degrees.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/17960/Sage-T ... lsrc=aw.ds

I have found that I prefer the coffee temperature, not just for the ground coffee we have at breakfast, but also with good quality instant.

If it died, I'm afraid I would have to replace like for like as we're pretty hooked on it now!

thanks KC2 ... I think Dualit do a similar kettle (as in it does heat the water to pre-set temperatures), but a different shape entirely... I think I looked it up at the time and it was a similar price :roll: :shock:

Postby KeenCook2 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:52 pm

what I like about this one - and would ensure any other one had - is having 500ml, 750ml etc on a transparent window so I can boil exactly the amount I need. It is really very, very helpful, and I've now got it down to a fine art :D

eta I don't know if the Dualit one offers that, but I like the shape of this one. It's also very easy taking the filter out of the pouring spout, which was not the case for the previous kettle I had.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:00 pm

:clap :thumbsup :clap :thumbsup

Postby Stokey Sue » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:04 pm

My friend has the Bosch multi temperature kettle, he likes it

As I mainly use boiling water for cooking an ordinary Russell Hobbs is fine, but I do like that it too has a glass volume indicator and it lights up blue when heating, which means even I know from the other side of the room that it’s on

Postby Rainbow » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:40 am

Stokey Sue wrote:As I mainly use boiling water for cooking an ordinary Russell Hobbs is fine, but I do like that it too has a glass volume indicator and it lights up blue when heating, which means even I know from the other side of the room that it’s on

That sounds like the one we've got, Sue. It's black and silver which I like, and the blue light is very handy, I agree :D

Postby Gruney2 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:14 am

I've got a cheap one from Morrisons. It has the blue light, and a"viewing panel". If I'm making coffee,I've become quite adept at noticing when the sound it makes changes - I then just check for the start of the water being disturbed, and immediately switch off. It sounds like a bit of a palaver, but it isn't really.

Postby herbidacious » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:46 am

There a lot of things I am not keen on but perhaps don't actively dislike. Herbal teas are on that list. Chamomile, I do find quite unpleasant. I am not sure I have ever had green tea. Tea and tisanes just aren't on my radar.

I am not keen on the taste of alcohol in things. It's certainly not the treat that the Christmas ads for food are fond of making out, for me. Ready made things from the likes of Aldi and Lidl used to catch me out because I am so used to fondue kits, trifles, tiramisu and the like not having any alcohol in them. When I drank, I didn't mind Armagnac. Gin was ok. Vodka doesn't really taste of much? But brandy, whisky, cognac and the likes were not my thing at all.

I am not a dark chocolate fan at all. I think this was my thing that i didn't like to admit for a long time, because it's promoted as being so very sophisticated and 'you can eat just one square' (not be a glutton) and 'it's good for you'. (I have a friend who is constantly virtue signalling using food and this is one of her things.) I'd only eat one square, frankly, because, I didn't like it enough to eat more - not because it's so satisfying.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox