Register

HELP!

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

HELP!

Postby dennispc » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:49 pm

Was just about to post this in Chatterbox, but then thought I'd get a wider audience here. I know some don't do the chatter.

7th October I received a text from NHS saying as I’m at increased risk of complications from Covid-19 I’m a priority to receive a booster jab. Followed the link, duly booked at Boots in Taunton, November 1st at 10.20am.

Heard nothing since.

Am I right in thinking without a booking reference or piece of paper on that day it will not be done?

Will the details come nearer the time and I can relax?

Unable to check the booking on the NHS site ‘cos I don’t have a booking reference. Have rung 119 whose automated system for queries (not bookings) will be in contact within 21 days. Not helpful.

What would you do? Somerset Trust, local councillor, MP?

Thank you.

Re: HELP!

Postby Pepper Pig » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:04 pm

We just booked OH's online and turned up. Didn't need a paper confirmation Dennis. OH isnt even regisztered on the NHS Covid app either.

Postby Sloe-Gin » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:04 pm

How about ringing Boots Taunton direct?

Postby Gruney2 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:18 pm

I booked via the surgery and just turned up.

Postby herbidacious » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:20 pm

I'd just turn up (unless it's a long and arduous trip, but maybe even then...), but I suppose you could try booking another as back up. (And see if you get a reference this time and/'or take screen shots on your phone/computer.)

I had a text to say I was elgible to hvae one, but when I try to book it it says I am not :( I rang the relevant number but htey cut me off because of a high volume of calls. I imagine I have to wait for my sixth month 'anniversary' which is next Friday.

Postby dennispc » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:35 pm

Boots automated message said, if you are ringing about jabs, the service is entirely run by the NHS, I've down everything suggested.

Gruney 2, in essence our surgery says the same as Boots. They’re only doing flu jabs, had that.

Herbie, reliant on others taking me so don’t want an unnecessary journey. I've tried booking again but even that asks for a booking number. Think that means I must be in the system, so will just turn up.

Really grateful for all your responses.

Postby dennispc » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:36 pm

Yes Herbie, at one point I was cut off because of high number of calls.

Postby Pampy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:39 pm

I got a text from my GP practice and rang them to book the appointment (I don't/won't have the NHS app). I haven't had anything in writing - not even a text confirmation.
When I had the original 2 jabs, I made those appointments by phone too, with no confirmation.
When I've had the annual flu jab, I've never had confirmation for those either.
I'd try ringing Boots. If that doesn't work, might be worth trying your GP's practice.

ETA : Just seen your post Dennis - so ignore my last 2 sentences!

Postby herbidacious » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:44 pm

It does offer lots of option when you ring the 119 number which certainly suggest that they will text you conformation. But it's hardly surprising if it doesn't seem to work. (imo.) I hope it all works out, Dennis. Sounds like it probably will. I am sure whoever takes you won't mind if it doesn't. It's important to get it asap?

Postby Gruney2 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:46 pm

Sorry Dennis, my post was unclear - I was trying to keep it short and reassuring. I received a text from NHS, telling me I was due for a booster, and to book via a complicated website arrangement, or ring my surgery. I chose to ring the surgery, who gave me an appointment - not at the surgery, but at the jabbing centre, the local Leisure Centre. They can't give Covid jabs at the surgery, because of the 15 minute post jab wait. There was no paperwork or ref numbers involved - just turn up at the appropriate time with a knowledge of you name and dob. It went like clockwork.Good luck.

Postby dennispc » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:07 pm

The complicated NHS web site also gave the surgery option. Surgery texts as well as their pre-recorded messages said contact NHS.

Have decided to turn up with text and NHS number. Thank you all, no apologies required!

Postby Pepper Pig » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:10 pm

Our experience exactly the same as Gruney’s. Panic ye not!

Postby Stokey Sue » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:14 pm

You can dial 119 for queries about booster appointments but as said you may not get through

1. They will find you, take your NHS number if you can

2. I've just booked my booster, and the web page doesn't automatically send you a confirmation, you have to ask for one, they expect you to write down the reference which is daft and the only part of the process that isn't very clear IMO

Postby PatsyMFagan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:35 pm

I got a text from my Dr to book my Covid booster including the link. Once I booked it I got another text confirming my appointment, then another text the day before my appointment reminding me ...

I think my texts all seem to have originated from my Dr ...

Postby Stokey Sue » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:48 pm

My previous texts came apparently from the GP surgery but I notice today's text for the booster came from NHSVaccine (number concealed) and I friend who is a local GP says the texts apparently from the practice actually came from the central organisation, they had no control or input

Postby Suffs » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:40 pm

Bro says he had a text to tell him he was due for his so he and SIL went to a walk-in place and had them. No problem. Apparently the chap filling out the paperwork said they were 6 days early, but by then the nurse had jabbed SIL and as she said ‘I can’t take it out’ so she jabbed Bro and winked.

He is classed as vulnerable because he’s having immunotherapy for multiple tumours, and SIL is down as his carer.

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox