Register

Wild about Chatter ... Vol 7

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Wild about Chatter ... Vol 7

Postby Suffs » Sun May 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Phew! Here you are ... just 'cos I've went out for the day you all get carried away ... well it's obviously not me that does all the chatting ...

Re: Wild about Chatter ... Vol 7

Postby Sloe-Gin » Sun May 16, 2021 7:48 pm

Did you get carried away in you new motor?
The only place I want to be carried away to is zonksville. He was snoring last night, despite wearing a breathe right. I think he'd positioned it in the wrong place, where it did zero good.

Whoopee doo, more low temps and rain this week.

Postby Gruney2 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:53 pm

Thanks Suffs.

Postby aero280 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:06 pm

Herbi....

You can get an arris rail repair bracket to fix the rotten mortice joint.

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Arris-R ... l/p/541397

Postby Suffs » Sun May 16, 2021 9:46 pm

Well, while you've all been chatting, I've been out and bought a car ... it was just what I wanted. A full MOT and a recent service, 4 new tyres and everything appears to be in good order, is in excellent condition and the car comes with a warranty and it's a very reasonable price. The garage owner/proprietor is someone I've heard of in the SuperStox world and who knows folk that I know , isn't far from my Outlaws, and he has a reputation to protect. Son will take me to collect it next Saturday, after I've dropped the old car off with him to valet and sell for me. B)

Oh, and the sun shone nearly all the way and Norfolk and South Lincs looked glorious

Postby Grasshopper » Sun May 16, 2021 10:35 pm

BOO!!!!!
Guess who!!
:lol:
Grasshopper

Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw.
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door.

Postby KeenCook2 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:39 pm

Congratulations, Suffs! Looking forward to seeing a pic of the new steed :thumbsup

Postby Pepper Pig » Mon May 17, 2021 6:23 am

Definitely Suffs.

It's been emptying down all night. I'm just waiting for 5.30 so I can go for my swim. I'm wondering if the showers and changing rooms will be fully open this time round.

See you all later. Polo has gone back to bed. She hates the rain.

Postby mistakened » Mon May 17, 2021 7:15 am

Good Morning Campers, I have to go to Limassol this morning. Deb has an eye appointment, it is not safe for her to drive after having eye drops instilled. The clinic is about 150 metres from Georges Material Shop, it has been decided that we both need new cotton summer frocks and tops. That is this morning occupied.

Moira :mug:

Postby Suffs » Mon May 17, 2021 9:05 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
It’s damp and overcast here in Norfolk ... the weather app calls it ‘haze’.
Today’s main tasks are taxing and insuring the new car ‘George’ ... the number plate is UKE ... get it? :lol:

Postby icelesley » Mon May 17, 2021 9:09 am

Good Morning campers. It's not raining yet, but it's for cast. :roll: veg plants are all transferred from trays into the ground in the greenhouse, they look quite perky this morning :thumbsup I have a washing mountain to tackle this morning, so the drier will be getting a bashing if it rains or should I say when it rains. I just read in the newspaper we have two weeks of heavy rain, floods, 60mph winds and snow :o be aware !

Postby Gruney2 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:17 am

Suffs wrote:George’ ... the number plate is UKE ... get it?

Oh my, that's a good one. :thumbsup

Postby Suffs » Mon May 17, 2021 10:08 am

Gruney2 wrote:
Suffs wrote:George’ ... the number plate is UKE ... get it?

Oh my, that's a good one. :thumbsup

MIL is in the Spalding Ukelele Orchestra ... I'm thinking of trying to flog the registration to the conductor ... how much do you reckon? £500 ? ;)

Postby scullion » Mon May 17, 2021 10:13 am

good morning, all.
overcast with a bit of mizzle and breeze.

you'll have to make sure you keep the screen-wash topped up, suffs...

blood donors this afternoon, other than that not much on.
i had a welly related accident yesterday. i am blaming dunlop. my usual ones - super comfy and a few years old have succumbed to the usual ageing and splitting round the ankles and instep. (paddling through sea water doesn't help.) a friend passed on her wellies, that she doesn't wear and theoretically the same size as mine. they aren't. they are a bit bigger and heavier so while distracted by taking something out of my back pocket i tripped on one of the steps and was less than accomplished at both recovering my balance and bouncing.
it's as good a reason as any to get a pair of my normal brand of wellies. hopefully ebay will come up trumps again.
have a good day, everyone.

Postby herbidacious » Mon May 17, 2021 10:20 am

aero280 wrote:Herbi....

You can get an arris rail repair bracket to fix the rotten mortice joint.

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Arris-R ... l/p/541397

Thanks. I was thinking a bracket. I can't envisage how that one would work but maybe need to see it. Nieghbour had a couple of different styles which didn't quite work. Ancient posts... He's also worried about drilling into them as they have a lot of aggregate in them. But he seems to have definite ideas about what to do so will basically do what he says :)

Postby PatsyMFagan » Mon May 17, 2021 10:27 am

Morning all from a dull Harefield :wave: :wave: :wave:

I didn't realise I hadn't been on here for a couple of days .. yesterday seemed to go in a flash but I don't really know what I did apart from listen to the Archers omnibus and GQT and do about an hour in the garden :? :roll:

I have got my first 'live' Zumba class this morning at 11 am :bounce: :limbobanana The hall is opposite a local GC, where, in the past some of the members would go for breakfast after class, but the café seems to have been closed down :(

I think I will be spending the rest of the day recovering ;)

Postby herbidacious » Mon May 17, 2021 10:32 am

Morning. Dull and damp here with rain forecast. I should do more gardening - I have today off. I have a load of sweet peas left over from the official planting. I am surprised they are alive after all this time, but they actually look reasonably healthy. I thought I might as well try putting them in against the fence in the new border. It's only semi shade though. Worth doing? I don't really fancy doing anything in the garden right now, but the rest of the week looks pretty rainy and times of the day when I can feasibly do anything, and Wales bound on Friday.

Congratulations on the car Suffs.

Last night on BBC Four seemed to be music night. I watched quite a bit of it, including the Delia Derbyshire Arena programme. It was very good. Old-fashioned, high quality, highly imaginative BBC stuff that we don't seem to get anymore. A combination of drama, radio interviews and general weirdness.

Right I am going to have at least two coffees before I contemplate doing things. I could do some housework or do a winter/spring clothing swap. I really can't wait to spring clean the sitting room, but am going to wait until the jungle has gone outside.

Postby Seatallan » Mon May 17, 2021 10:47 am

Congratulations Suffs! Here's to many hours of happy motoring. :thumbsup

Mixture of sun and cloud here though light rain due later. I'm off to town to get some bits done whilst the going is good. Have a lovely day all :wave:
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby Sloe-Gin » Mon May 17, 2021 10:49 am

Morning from a cool, wet Wales.
Th rat man is coming this morning, so I have been out in the rain checking the garden.

Great name there Suffs. The car was definitely waiting for a certain little lady to come by!!!

And in other news, our bistro patio table/chairs will be delivered today. I cannot see us using them for a few weeks, somehow!

Postby KeenCook2 » Mon May 17, 2021 11:17 am

Morning all! Watery sun trying to make its presence felt ... but reasonably mild and not windy.

Herbi, how long are you in Wales for? And how far are you going - all the way to N Wales? I bet you're looking forward to it :thumbsup

PP, hope you had a good swim :D

Had another megacall with DS2 late last night ... really feel for him and am so, so glad I'm not 20 something and all the emotional traumas of breakups are in the dim and distant past ... I really wouldn't go through any of that part of my life again for all the tea in China!! Nothing we can do except be there, ready to listen.

Quiet day today and dentist tomorrow morning - oh joy!!

See you all later :thumbsup
Last edited by KeenCook2 on Mon May 17, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox