Register

Wild about Chatter ... Vol 7

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wild about Chatter ... Vol 7

Postby herbidacious » Mon May 17, 2021 3:30 pm

KC2 we are going to Pembrokeshire. Quite a drive! Just a week, staying in the grounds of a Norman Castle. We will have little/no internet or phone signal which fills me with a little consternation. I don't particularly feel in need of a detox on that front. Looking forward to stunning scenery and hopefully lots of interesting wildlife though.

I did 4 hours in the garden. I am not sure if what i did was the best use of my time. I may just have been putting au d'oeuvres out for the slugs and snails. (The last of the sweet peas, some hollyhocks, astrantia and a corn poppy.) But at least I have cleared a large gravel tray of plants that has been sitting on the patio for close to two months. I had to haul a few sacks of manure and compost around again, plus some ceramic pots of spent tulips and daffodils down the garden to die back out of sight... so a bit achy now. Can't believe that took me as long as it did. I might have to have a little lie down now... I also did three lots of washing. Where's the behaloed emoticon?!

Chawton was Stokey Sue, Sea.

Postby Seatallan » Mon May 17, 2021 3:31 pm

Misread the post Herbi!! :oops:
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby Earthmaiden » Mon May 17, 2021 3:44 pm

It never seems to rain in your neck of the woods Herbi. It hasn't been nice here for a few hours but I was about to put my coat and shoes on for a walk when we had a huge thunderstorm with heavy rain and hail. Now its just raining. I find it so depressing. I think I might resort to Jane Fonda for exercise today.

mistakened wrote: You would not like it in July and August when the humidity is high, most sensible people leave for more comfortable climes. Moira
Possibly not, but it's May and must be better than what we've got here :evil:.

Postby Stokey Sue » Mon May 17, 2021 3:48 pm

Most enjoyable car I ever drove was my ex’s 1968 Alfa GT Junior in 1976, shortly before the underside rusted through - all Italian cars were rust buckets at that time :lol:

Popped out in the dry, got back, we’ve had torrential rain with thunder and lightning since, sunny now, but I suspect not for long

Postby Sloe-Gin » Mon May 17, 2021 4:30 pm

I've had a very productive afternoon, too. Really sunny here, though a trifle windy.
Planted up 3 new 14" hanging baskets and a trough.
A couple of months or so ago, I planted out 2 bare root patio roses in a planter by the summer house that hub had made. One has taken, but the other looks quite dead. I lifted it, to find very fine new growth on the roots, so it was swiftly replanted. I hope I haven't done too much damage. I did wonder whether to lift and give it a really good soak first though.

One of 2 cars I really enjoyed driving (in the 70s) was a proper cooper S. We used to rally it, taking turns at driving/navigating. Then we bought a Saab 96 (in 1976) and used that for forest rallies in the national championship.

I drive a wutless gunder these days!!

Postby PatsyMFagan » Mon May 17, 2021 4:38 pm

Stokey Sue wrote:Most enjoyable car I ever drove was my ex’s 1968 Alfa GT Junior in 1976, shortly before the underside rusted through - all Italian cars were rust buckets at that time :lol:

Popped out in the dry, got back, we’ve had torrential rain with thunder and lightning since, sunny now, but I suspect not for long

Didn't like to add about AR's being rust buckets too :roll: - but I am sure that little problem has been addressed ;) ... I think you need to prefix George with 'Gorgeous' as he certainly is Suffs.

I have just been driven in from the garden by the worst hail storm I remember for some time. The gulley on my conservatory roof is full of it now and it bloomin' hurt pounding down on my back and shoulders as I was trying to bring the tools under cover .. still I planted 5 plants .. :thumbsup

Postby KeenCook2 » Mon May 17, 2021 5:05 pm

We just had a helluva thunderstorm but I missed the lightning, if there was any. Sun shining now ... and blue, blue sky where there isn't cloud!

Postby Kacey » Mon May 17, 2021 5:40 pm

My day spoilt by a phone call informing me I need to be back in the office full time from w/c 21/6/21. Asked about the flexible working we spoke about a while ago, and my contract says I work at head office blah blah! Setting precedents etc. If one does everyone will want to! As if we haven't all done it perfectly for the last 14 month.

Cannot face a 2hr commute each way anymore, or wearing make up and shoes! I need a new job!

Postby KeenCook2 » Mon May 17, 2021 5:51 pm

arghh, Kacey :( :( :newhuggy :newhuggy

Postby Pepper Pig » Mon May 17, 2021 6:11 pm

Hailing again now. It’s coming down the bloody chimney.

Postby aero280 » Mon May 17, 2021 7:41 pm

We were out in the thunder and lightning and rain. in a gap, we managed to get under the gazebo at the garden birthday party for our 90 year old friend.

The rain radar said that there would only be a short shower while we were out, so we left the washing on the line. It was soaked as more and more heavy showers appeared out of nowhere. :(

Postby Pepper Pig » Mon May 17, 2021 8:32 pm

My anti-vaxxer friend is probably feeling very smug. Obviously someone is controlling the weather.

Postby Stokey Sue » Mon May 17, 2021 8:55 pm

Pepper Pig wrote:My anti-vaxxer friend is probably feeling very smug. Obviously someone is controlling the weather.

The clerk of the weather is clearly in cahoots with Big Pharma

If you listened to the Food Programme on MSG, MiMi says (not on the BBC) she is accused of being on someone's payroll - presumably the payroll of Big Panda :lol:

We have had I think 4 cycles of thunderstorm with sunny intervals between each

Wonder if we will get Tai Chi outdoors tomorrow?

Postby KeenCook2 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:19 pm

Pepper Pig wrote:Hailing again now. It’s coming down the bloody chimney.

Here too, PP, although I didn't notice it at the time, OH saw all the black melted blobs on the wood floor ....

Postby herbidacious » Mon May 17, 2021 9:25 pm

Earthmaiden wrote:It never seems to rain in your neck of the woods Herbi. It hasn't been nice here for a few hours but I was about to put my coat and shoes on for a walk when we had a huge thunderstorm with heavy rain and hail. Now its just raining. I find it so depressing. I think I might resort to Jane Fonda for exercise today..

I garden in the rain if it's not too heavy, EM. I did yesterday. Today it started to rain just afer I came in. We then had a torrential downpour with thunder later one.

Kacey :( I dread my summons back. I am hoping they will be cautious. The Oxford office - which cannot be reached by pubic transport (my main issue) are not going back until September.
The daughter of the owner of our company is back in our office...

Postby aero280 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:33 pm

There is definitely someone controlling the weather. My guess is that all the thunder and lightning is being attracted by the new 5G masts. "They" have to harness the lightning to get enough power for the magnetrons that allow them to control all of the vaccinated via the implanted microchips... ;)

Postby KeenCook2 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:38 pm

of course, aero :idea: :idea:

Postby Sloe-Gin » Mon May 17, 2021 9:46 pm

aero280 wrote:There is definitely someone controlling the weather. My guess is that all the thunder and lightning is being attracted by the new 5G masts. "They" have to harness the lightning to get enough power for the magnetrons that allow them to control all of the vaccinated via the implanted microchips... ;)

Thank goodness here in North Wales we have no lightning or 5G masts. Looks like we will be the breakaway group to fight the magnetrons. Quick, move here before the implanted chips take root and become potatoes.

Postby halfateabag » Mon May 17, 2021 10:53 pm

Evenin' all, busy times here in Wildest Wiltshire......Today was forecast some sun and rain showers all day. We had one 10 min shower and that was all. so some garden jobs and delivering tomato plants to villagers and some rose campions which spring up between the patio slabs.

Had a rubbish nights sleep last night due to Scrumpy wanting to go out at 4am, I buried myself under the duvet but he still found a way in !

I managed to send flowers to the two fabric fiends from last week. It was a most healing experience and the end result was wonderful. We are so happy for it being positive.

One of my fave cars to drive was early and a triumph spitfire. Dad bought me a Ford Puma and that was a skateboard of fun. Most recently the Skoda Kodiaq is a spiffing drive - took us all the way to Rhodes and back last July. Most hateful vehicle was a Alpha Romeo with a sh*t gearbox and a big wind down window problem. My first vehicle was a Wolsey Hornet - it cost me £115 and was wonderful for a first car.

We both have new glasses coming soon courtesy of vision express/Tesco at Trowbridge. His are very necessary because of HGV driving/Tsunami disaster recovery. He was impressed with the service.

I have been finding new homes for far too many tomatoes that grew out of the supermarket one. One delivery tomorrow is including coffee and a tour around a new garden. Can't wait. I gifted her some raspberry canes a few years back.

Need to sleep now due to this mornings early start....night all

Postby Rainbow » Tue May 18, 2021 12:43 am

aero280 wrote:There is definitely someone controlling the weather. My guess is that all the thunder and lightning is being attracted by the new 5G masts. "They" have to harness the lightning to get enough power for the magnetrons that allow them to control all of the vaccinated via the implanted microchips... ;)

Thanks for that, Aero. Now I understand :lol:

Over here we have cold mornings at the moment (down to 9º yesterday) but sunny days of about 23º. Not bad for Autumn!!
But like Moira we do get high humidity in the summer for about 2 months and a lot of people go away to avoid it (when that's possible!!)

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox