Register

What's everyone cooking this week? 2

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: What's everyone cooking this week? 2

Postby WWordsworth » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:01 pm

Called in at the farm shop, intending belly pork but J came out with loin of venison, "because it looks great"

To be served with potato and parsnip cakes and sauteed cabbage with leek, and e gravy/sauce of some sort.

Postby Lusciouslush » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:15 pm

Potato & parsnip cakes sound good - two of my favs in a dinner but have never thought to do cakes - that will have to change - do you mash the pots'n snips together or are they just folded.....egg or no egg? :D

Roast chicken dinner here tonight - have been holding off chicken after a very hefty chicken/chorizo etc.etc.etc :yum stew a couple of days ago - 'tis smelling goooooood !

Postby WWordsworth » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:43 pm

Just mashed together and seasoned, Lush.
I sometimes add a spoonful of horseradish sauce, sometimes grated cheese, depends on what else is on the menu.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:03 pm

Sloe-Gin wrote:Lamb shanks for us tonight. They've been in the sc since 12 and I'll put them to crisp up with the roasties. Do you think cauli cheese will go with it?

Oh yes, in fact can you save me a portion so I can enjoy with the lamb loin chops I am just cooking off for my supper :yum :yum :yum

Postby Amyw » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:30 pm

Sticky chicken and pineapple salad today from Pinch of Nom . The salad quantities were way too much for the stated two servings and I can eat a lot of salad but the chicken and it’s marinade were lovely

Postby Gruney2 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:50 pm

Looks great, Amy.

Postby Stokey Sue » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:31 pm

That looks delicious Amy

I had an omelette for lunch, which is unremarkable except I haven’t had one for ages

Dinner was a cannellini bean goulash from the freezer

Postby Earthmaiden » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:34 am

That looks so appetising, Amy :yum. Everything sounds lovely. The Crab Crumble especially!

I made a very nice stir fry from bacon, assorted veg, turkey from Christmas (from freezer!) and rice.

Postby Amyw » Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:57 pm

Thank you all it was very good , inspired by Sloe Gins recipe , it caught my eye as I was flicking through their book . As I can only work out how to post one photo at a time , here’s some very rare steak on probably an extremely unauthentic Pad Thai

Postby liketocook » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:09 pm

Gorgeous photos Amy :yum
Leftovers from "Christmas Dinner 2" for us tonight, I'm thinking of a cottage pie type affair served with brussels and roast veg. DS2 will finish the trifle for pud.

Postby Sloe-Gin » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:43 pm

Amy, after you've uploaded your photo and placed it in line, go down to Upload attachment, click and it gives you the option to load more

Postby Amyw » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:06 pm

Cheers

Postby RockyBVI » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:18 am

Gorgeous photos Amy.

I had leftover risotto for lunch yesterday. Dinner was a using up meal but very good - fresh tagliatelle, caponata and leftover steak thinly sliced. I sprinkled some feta on at the end.

Lunch will be butternut squash soup I made at the weekend. Not sure on dinner. OH is out so I’ll see what else needs to be used up

Postby liketocook » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:48 pm

Leftovers were used up in a potato topped pie yesterday as there was enough mash left, beige but very tasty. :)
Trying this tonight https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/vegg ... bake_63924

Postby KeenCook2 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:47 pm

Wow, Amy, gorgeous pics!

I think we're having steak tonight, an adaptation of a SIMPLE recipe, with one of the packs of the sirloin we get on the Waitrose 3 for £10 offer.

We've been eating left-overs for a few days. Had friends on Saturday and made our t & t white beans au vin. And hasselback courgettes baked with veg from a few days ago.

Postby liketocook » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:11 pm

Mexican style veggie traybake yesterday was a success, will definitely make that again. I'm trying out a Nadiya chicken and rice traybake tonight.

Postby smitch » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:54 pm

I made a trio of Indo-Chinese recipes courtesy of Vegan Richa’s blog.

Really tasty, would definitely make them again, especially the Gobi Manchurian, which is one of my favourites anyway!

https://instagram.com/p/CZfJlaiqws4/

Postby Kacey » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:13 pm

They look good Smitch! I've got 3 cauliflowers using up space in the fridge, might have a go at the Gobi Manchurian at the weekend.

Curry tonight, an aubergine and tomato with methi and nigella seeds and a new potato and pea recipe from my new cookbooks, both very good.

Will have a scout in the fridge tomorrow morning, tomorrows dinner will be what needs eating first (the cauli's are very fresh)

Friday I'm going out for my 'tea' straight from work with the people I work with. The pub has no real ale and the veggie choices are Beetroot & Quinoa Burger or Mac'n'Cheese. But hey ho, will be my first night out with them since I started so I can put up for once.

Postby smitch » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:16 pm

I must admit my cooking was inspired by the second cauliflower I accidentally ordered for my veg box :lol:

I’ve not felt like cooking much recently so I’m glad I stuck to my plan today, even if it was tempting to give up and have something quick. I love Vegan Richa’s recipes, they’ve all worked really well so far.

Enjoy the pub, even if the beer and food are lacking. Sounds a bit like the Union bar at Uni, terrible beer and uninspiring food.

Postby Sloe-Gin » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:38 am

OH has refused fish ever since I've known him. But we're making progress.
Tonight, is linguine with prawns and smoked salmon. I can't find just the 'right' recipe, so will make it up as I go along.
Last night, we had
https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/rec ... -traybake/

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox