Register

Chatterbox 2

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Chatterbox 2

Postby liketocook » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:35 pm

Belated happy birthday Renee :blowing-birthday-cake

Postby miss mouse » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:31 pm

Suffs wrote:
All are welcome on Wild about Chat ... not just ex Wildies ...

is there any news of Rio? Is he well? Is he happy?

Postby Renee » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:11 am

Uschi, that's lovely and thank you for the birthday greetings! Thank you also LTC and thanks for the cake which is very welcome, because I didn't have one.

Yes, PP, I remember Myles the Moderator! They were happy days, weren't
they? :lol:

Postby Amber » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:45 am

Happy late birthday Renee! I’m another who remembers you from the Beeb days (how long ago were they :shock: ??), partly because of a remote family Lancs connection.

Postby Busybee » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:34 am

miss mouse wrote:
Suffs wrote:
All are welcome on Wild about Chat ... not just ex Wildies ...

is there any news of Rio? Is he well? Is he happy?

Belated birthday wishes Renee.

I follow Lee/Rio on instagram, he posts on a semi regular basis, usually around food. He seems to be fine but difficult to tell with instagram as it’s all a bit curated and can be low on dialogue.

BB

Postby dennispc » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:26 am

I think I remember Giles. That was a long time ago!

Postby Lusciouslush » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:45 pm

A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me too Renee :limbobanana :limbobanana :limbobanana :limbobanana :limbobanana

Wordle

Postby ZeroCook » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:40 pm

Who's into Wordle?
The inventor is a Welsh software designer living in NYC - today's word was an American spelling (won't spoil answer) which threw me off and made me use an extra go :?

Shall we assume wordle is a no holds barred any-and-all-English-goes game? Answers on a postcard please 8-)

Postby Earthmaiden » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:00 pm

We've discussed Wordle quite a bit on the Wildie Chatter thread in the member's section as some are doing it every day. We try not to do spoilers on the day but today's got the world talking!

Postby Stokey Sue » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:18 pm

The idea is that personal Chat, such as birthdays, goes into Wild about Chatter, which is open to all Food Board Members but not to other

Chatterbox is more for raising small points and questions and little discussions that don't merit a thread of their own.

Postby ZeroCook » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:53 pm

I was going to start a Wordle thread on Other Stuff but decided it probably didn't warrant a thread of its own ... I always thought Chatterbox was the place for things like that.

I don't post on Wild About Chatter as I never posted much on WF to speak of anyway, it's a very in-group and as mentioned it's largely pretty personal and personal health topic heavy, pretty detailed, which I'm not too comfortable with putting out online. I prefer in-depth food and cooking details/adventures, with a smattering of other stuff, which was always the function of the mb as I understood it. :D

Postby Uschi » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:13 am

OK, the nitty-gritty medical stuff is not to everyone's taste, but I never felt that it was an in-group or noticed that someone wasn't made to feel welcome.
In fact, there are group hugs as soon as someone needs them.

Postby Gillthepainter » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:18 am

Ha! new to wordle, and I've almost given up on today. I just cannot see it. At all.
I'm guessing if you get the last letter right, you'll find the word. But I'm stumped for now.

Let's see what a bean to cup coffee will do to start my brain ..... although I'm fully decaf these days ;)

Other than that, we've decided to get rid of the grass in the back garden.
All we do is walk across it to hang out washing, and them traipse dirt back into the house.
Our plan of action is to cover it over with tarpaulin for 2 months to kill the grass off. Then cover it with white stones and grit, gravel.
And a combination of paving stones.

To then be used as an extension off our patio, like a French courtyard, with table and chairs, for dining al fresco.

Top tip from my BIL is not to use fine gravel, as cats think it's kitty litter!

Postby Gillthepainter » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:40 am

AH!
Got it, Zero. But I think the Welsh fella is bending the roolz again.

Postby Suffs » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:52 am

My understanding from the Mods when Wild about Chatter was started was that it would be a place for faster moving chat (typical of the former Wildfood regulars) and that Chatterbox would continue as a conversation thread at its established gentler pace as the regulars on Sakkarin’s board had become used to … the idea being that they shouldn’t feel swamped by Wildies.

So, the reason I did a Happy Birthday on Chatterbox was because I knew it was the chat thread used by Renee and thought that, as she’d not been around much recently for various reasons, she was unlikely to look in the Members’ area … she would just automatically go to Chatterbox and see virtually no recent posts … I’d seen it was her birthday and didn’t want it to go unremarked, especially as she’d had a lot on her plate recently (see what I did there :lol: )
I don’t think she’d have seen it in the WAC thread.

So, to clarify …. is Chatterbox a slower moving conversational thread about mainly non-food topics for folk who don’t want to keep up with the faster moving WAC, or is it for raising small points and queries? Or both? I’m confused now …

Postby dennispc » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:51 am

Gillthepainter wrote:
Top tip from my BIL is not to use fine gravel, as cats think it's kitty litter!

We used plum shale.

Postby Sloe-Gin » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:25 pm

I do keep reading Chatterbox - or at last keep an eye on it. It didn't have any chat for a while.
We are having our caravan cushions reupholstered and I have to pack them up, ready for the courier to collect tomorrow. It's a far bigger job than first anticipated!
I may be gone some time!

Postby Suffs » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:29 pm

IIRC caravan cushions seem to take up more space outside the caravan than in SloeG :lol:

Postby dennispc » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:04 pm

Or rather plum coloured shale! Wish we'd gone for a lighter shade though.

Postby Gillthepainter » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:04 pm

Funny you mention that, my husband really likes that plum coloured stuff, Dennis.
It does look very good.

Sloe, I'm in awe of upholsterers. Having made box cushions for 2 of our chairs, I know it's not easy.
And we had 3 piece of furniture upholstered not so recently, and the result was phenomenal.
Piping especially.

Are you having piping done on your cushions?

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox