Register

snacks and nibbles

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: snacks and nibbles

Postby karadekoolaid » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:53 pm

The slaw will have to be sliced (raw) pak choi stems for now - it's an underrated veg I reckon.

I totally agree Jeral. the stems are sweet, crunchy and tasty.
When my wife´s not around ( because she hates onions) I make an Asian-style coleslaw: pak choi, carrots, beansprouts, spring onions, red cabbage,a fresh red chile or two. Then I dress it with sesame oil, fish sauce, brown sugar, tamarind ( or rice wine vinegar), ginger and garlic.

Postby jeral » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:35 pm

Thanks for the Asian-style coleslaw, for which I have all the ingredients including tamarind paste. I've printed it out to make soon as I've no idea if pak choi will continue to be available, or if not could revert to kohlrabi when that is. As you probably know, in lockdown, browsing in local shops is off the cards.

Postby herbidacious » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:19 pm

I boght these this morning:

https://kichri.co.uk/products/haldiram- ... 1e26&_ss=r

Methi sev. They are pretty damned good. Different flavours each time you have one.

Postby halfateabag » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:48 pm

We were out of open crisps/nuts so I asked OH to source some in my stash. He came out of the larder with a bag of Aldi Boxing day curry flavoured hand cooked crisps. We are both now addicted ! They are not out of date until next month. Absolutely delicious........ Bet I can't get any now...

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox