Register

Are you an enthusiast of Chef Films? Coming: 2018 & 2019

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Are you an enthusiast of Chef Films? Coming: 2018 & 2019

Postby Alexandria » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:29 am

Are you an enthusiast of Chef Films ? Which ones have you seen that you would recommend ?

The majority we have seen are quite enjoyable, even if they are not Oscar Award Winning Films.

Here are a few that are on our list ..

2018: 28th September Opening in Catalan and Spanish: Chef´s Table, starring Three Michelin Dessert Designer Jordi Roca of El Celler de Can Roca, Girona ..

Documentaries:

2019: Constructing Albert starring Three Michelin Food Designer Albert Adrià ..

2019: Soul starring Jiro Ono and Basque Three Michelin Food Designer Enekp Atxa ..
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Re: Are you an enthusiast of Chef Films? Coming: 2018 & 2019

Postby Joanbunting » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:14 pm

I haven't heard of these and don't know how viewing them would be possible for me.

I do, however, have quite a collection of foodie films on DVD, ie films with a food theme. These include such films as Babettes Feast, Eat, Drink, Man, Woman - I could go on and on.

Anyone else thus afflicted ??
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby Lusciouslush » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:27 pm

me too Joan!

Tompopo is still my favourite & Julie & Julia with Meryl Streep is in the brain-box too - I'm sure there are much more that I can't think of right now.

Postby Lusciouslush » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Oooops typo - I meant Tampopo - but you all knew that right?!?!

Postby Alexandria » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:41 pm

Joan,

I am quite an enthusiast of Gastro Eno films and have seen all the ones that you have mentioned ..

I also adored Chocolat, with Juliette Binoche & Johnny Depp .. :thumbsup

And the film in which Jean Remo portrays a Ferràn Adrià type Chef (though not stated who he is portraying ) ..

Then there was a lovely one with Catherine Zeta Jones as well. :clap

All the ones I mentioned are or will be on D.V.D. in 2019 .. :thumbsup

There is also the story of Ferràn Adrià called: Historia de Sueño, History of a Dream, which includes 13 years of documentation and 15 episodes. It is on D.V.D. :clap

Thank you for all your feedback .. Have a nice weekend .. :wave
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Alexandria » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:05 pm

Joan,

There is one more, which I highly recommend and it is on DVD. It was produced in 2015, and is called: Bocados, Una Revolución / Snacks, A revolution .. :clap :clap

It stars 3 top notch Spanish Chefs, 3 Michelin Star Angél León, Semi retired 5 Michelin Star Carme Ruscadella ( Japan = 2 Michelin and she closed her Sant Pau, Barcelona Restaurant a few months ago and it was a Three Michelin ) and 3 Michelin Quique Dacosta ..

It is a documentary about the way in which Spain and its neighbors have transformed their kitchen restaurants ..

If you can find it, at F.N.A.C. it is wonderful .. :wave :wave

Postby mark111757 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:11 pm

Am in agreement with Joan

Out here in east cow flop, finding films like this are like trying to find hens teeth.

One I enjoyed was the ramen girl

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0806165/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Postby Alexandria » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:31 pm

Wow Mark,

What a marvelous film .. :clap :clap

Just finished watching it ..

Definitely going to buy the Dvd ( F.N.A.C. ) is our major department store, just for all electronics, DVDs, books in several languages and music ..

Shall order it if it is not in stock ..

Thanks for the link ! :thumbsup :thumbsup

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox