Register

Hurricane Florence: Southern Georgia to Southern Virginia

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Hurricane Florence: Southern Georgia to Southern Virginia

Postby Alexandria » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:02 am

So sorry to hear that Florence has affected the lives of 11.000.000 people along the southheast coast of the Usa.

Primarily, the hardest hit is the region of Berne and Wright, North Carolina on the coast ..

2,100 Airline Flights were cancelled at Raleigh Durham as well ..

Hope that all our members are safe. :crossed :crossed :crossed :crossed :crossed :crossed

The Government both state and national have rescued uncountable people & animals and are continuing to do so ..

Mark: I do not know which state you reside in .. Hope you are safe and well .. :crossed :crossed :crossed
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Re: Hurricane Florence: Southern Georgia to Southern Virgini

Postby Joanbunting » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:23 am

We have been concerned all week Member 461. DD and familt lived in Virginia Beach , virtually on the waterfront for 30 months. S-I-L was posted to NATO.
While they were there they had to evacuate 3 times which was very scary because twice he was in Europe on NATO business and she was left with the children. She managed to get them to a friends in Richmond but they didn't get home for nearly a week because of the and total lack of power. Even then so folk in the neighbourhood refused to leave their houses

They still have friends in VB and the children have school friends several of whom have stayed in contact.

Our thoughts are with them all and the poor people who are being battered in the Phillipines yoo :crossed :crossed
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby Alexandria » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:58 am

Joan,

Thank you for all your feedback .. :thumbsup

1) Pleased to hear that your family in Virginia Beach are safe and sound.

2) Yes, The Philippines and Hong Kong too .. :thumbsdown

3) And a terrible shame, Japan as well .. :evil:

4) I have no idea where Mark is from, however, I do hope he is safe ..

Mark, please do let us know if you are okay ..
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby mark111757 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Thanks to all for your concern. As far as the storm and all that is involved, I M fine, more than fine actually. I am several states away so this is not affecting us. Thank

You again for your concern....

Postby Alexandria » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:01 pm

Mark,

Good News .. :thumbsup

Thank you for letting us all know ..

Postby Renee » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:55 pm

I checked the forecast for your area Mark, so was relieved to find out that you would be alright.

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox