Register

Málaga: Ajo Blanco, con Uvas: Chilled Almond & Garlic Soup

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Málaga: Ajo Blanco, con Uvas: Chilled Almond & Garlic Soup

Postby Alexandria » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:53 pm

A traditional cold summer soup or Holiday specialty, Ajo blanco con uvas, Chilled almond and garlic soup with grapes hails from Málaga, and is always served with Muscat white grapes. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

A truly authentic Ajo blanco Recipe: :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

250 Grams of almonds
155 grams of day old rustic country bread
2 cloves of peeled minced garlic
salt to taste
155 Ml. Extra virgin olive oil ( Spanish )
1 tblsp of Sherry vinegar
250 grams of Muscat white grapes or similar white grapes
3 cups of water ( ice cold )

1) Blanch the almonds for 2 minutes in boiling water to loosen skin. Drain and rub the loose skin off with a paper towel ..

2) Now, soak the bread in a tiny amount of water.

3) Crush the almonds, bread ( press out the water ), garlic and salt to taste in a large mortar with pestle or a Stick Stand Up Mixer and combine thoroughly.

4) Now, to obtain a silky velvety texture, drizzle in the Evoo, to form a spongy paste, and then combine with the vinegar and the water ..

5) Again, blend with the Stand Up Stick Mixer and place in refrigerator ..

6) The color should be a tone of white and gently pour into bowls or Martini stemware and place a few grapes on top for garnish ..

Enjoy .. This is a true delicacy ! I preferred to serve this chilled and sip from a Martini Stemware glass !!! :wave :wave :wave :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Re: Málaga: Ajo Blanco, con Uvas: Chilled Almond & Garlic S

Postby Renee » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:03 pm

This is a very well-known soup, but one that I've never tried, so after making the delicious Cordoba Salmorejo, I will definitely make it very soon.

I am becoming more adventurous! :lol: :lol:

Re: Málaga: Ajo Blanco, con Uvas: Chilled Almond & Garlic S

Postby Alexandria » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:56 pm

Renée, :thumbsup :thumbsup

Yes, both are extraordinarily sublimely exquisite ..

The Ajo Blanco is very very elegant ! And can be served as a " cocktail " in Martini Stemware or a large wine glass .. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Enjoy.

Have a lovely evening .. :wave :wave :wave :wave
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox