Register

Fave Brunches ?

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Fave Brunches ?

Postby Alexandria » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Juggling a full time career in the travel & tourism industy, the responsibilities of the household, a husband, family, running an office / agency, all require multi tasking ..

Brunch on Sundays is always a lovely lovely pleasantry whether we brunch out, at our families and / or prepare at home ..

Here are some of our faves: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caprese Salad
Lentil Salad with tri color greens
Crepes Suzette
French Omelettes
Carpacchio
Caper & anchovy Butter with fresh wild salmon ( Garlic, anchovy fillets, drained capers, Cognac, parsley, black pepper, salt, French butter & wild salmon grilled rare )
Fresh assorted breads, cheeses, charcuterie
Dried fruits and Fresh seasonal fruits
Salad Niçoise
Spinach Salad
Baked Polenta
Shellfish
Gin Mare ( Menorca produced ) or Maverick Blue Gin ( Alicante produced ) with Blue Mediterranean Fever Tree Tonic By: Adrià ..
Champage or Cava or Prosecco
Campari with club soda & a piece of lemon, orange or lime
Patatas Bravas ( Spicy Wedged Cubed Potatoes with Smoked Paprika Thick Salsa with Extremadura Pimentón La Vera
Spanish Omelette
Canapés
Waffles with fresh seasonal fruit
A grilled provolone sandwich on Chapata or a Baguette with tomato and home made Mayonaise
Biscotti prepared with almonds, honey, lemon zest and anise ..
Focaccia home made without yeast ( true flatbread )

I could go on and on as it is one of my fave meals of the week .. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Have a lovely weekend just ahead .. :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Re: Fave Brunches ?

Postby jeral » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:07 am

There was a thread recently about brunches so I probably posted in that; as you say the possibilities are endless if you're a brunch fan.

As to multitasking, most on here either do or have been there - what's known as life getting in the way of well, everything. A neighbour once admired my pot plant display saying it made it look as if I had time to look after them (knowing full well neither of us had a second to ourselves). Illusions rule eh?

Anyway, roasted Med veg mix ready in ramekin which will get an egg plonked on to bake briefly in small oven for tomorrow's brunch, with EVOO grilled soldiers. Sorted :)

Re: Fave Brunches ?

Postby Alexandria » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:38 am

Jeral,

I believe you are right and I think I was the one that created the original Brunch Post !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you for your feedback and have a lovely weekend ahead .. :wave :wave :wave

On the Algarve Coast and shall be heading over to Lisbon, on Sunday evening ..
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox