Register

Wild about Chatter ... Vol 7

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wild about Chatter ... Vol 7

Postby mistakened » Tue May 18, 2021 7:16 am

Good Morning Campers, I opened up the sitting room just now to see a kitten sitting on the wall under the eucalyptus, I wonder a) who is it's mother b) does it have siblings ?

Moira :mug:

Postby northleedsbhoy » Tue May 18, 2021 8:43 am

Morning all. First day back in the pub yesterday :klingonbanana :wino. It was as if the weather waited until opening time to turn nasty because about 12.30 there was a torrential downpour for about 10 minutes then the sun came out again before it turned greyish.

I need to pop to Sainsbury’s this morning but to do that I have to catch the bus to Stafford rather than the short walk I was used to in Leeds. The good thing is that the stop going is only a couple of minutes from there and coming back it’s right opposite. No doubt I’ll end up in the pub again today and just for fun I might sit in the other room this time :lol:

Cheers
NLB :thumbsup

Postby icelesley » Tue May 18, 2021 8:49 am

Good Morning campers. The sun is out at the moment but once again we are threatened with rain, hail, thunder and lightening later :roll: For three days we have had a constant traffic queue of people trying to get to work or out of the town, they are all up in arms because there was no notification of any road closure which apparently has to be notified at least two days before :roll: the problem is there is only one main road in and out of the town, the smaller roads all lead back to the main road so a closure stuffs the place up big time. Thank goodness I don't work anymore.

Postby herbidacious » Tue May 18, 2021 8:53 am

Morning.

I guess it's kitten season, Moira... or is it always kitten season where you are?!? :)

I accidentally got up at 6.30 but thought I might as well go with it as I have a horrendous amount of work to do today, scarily most of it requiring me to be alert and focussed.
I have just put a load of plants out to harden off a bit. Problem with doing this with tomatoes, when they are so big, is that a few injuries always seem to be sustained (broken branches, primarily.) It's sunny now but heavy rain at noon, so will bring things in then. It's amazing how much more calming the sitting room is with only two large gravel trays of 4ft plants in it. Can't wait to get them all outside permanently
I need to research greenhouse glass storage today for tomorrow's delivery, but right now I had better get on with some work. Alas there will be meetings, at least one of which I really can't afford to give the time to given how relatively little benefit it will have.
I made an extra big pot of coffee... and it's too weak :o Blah.

Postby Suffs » Tue May 18, 2021 8:58 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Sounds as if you’re feeling quite at home there already NLB :thumbsup
Bright sunshine here at the moment ... I’ve a feeling it won’t last ... I think we’re in for a wet afternoon.
I have a paperworky day ahead ... supper will be a frittata and green beans so not a lot of prepping to do this morning.
Enjoy your day everyone ...

Postby Seatallan » Tue May 18, 2021 9:27 am

Poor Mr S was soaked to the skin yesterday. We too were forecasted sunny spells and heavy, thundery showers. I was out for most of the day but whilst you could see there were showers over Ullswater and the Pennines, we were in the rain shadow and missed most of them (I was happily mooching about in tee shirt & shorts). Mr S decided to nip out for his customary walk at the one point during the day I was in doing cooking bits and within 10 minutes of him leaving the house a big village-shaped black cloud hoved into view and deluged on him- thunder, rain, more rain, hail, the lot. Someone might as well have emptied buckets of water over him. Even his pockets were full of water. The moment he arrived, drenched, at the house the big black cloud promptly moved away and the sun came out... :lol:

(Thankfully, he had a wife standing poised with a towel.... :) )

Glad you made it to the pub NLB!! :wino
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby PatsyMFagan » Tue May 18, 2021 9:56 am

Good morning from a very damp Harefield :wave: :wave: :wave: I got caught in yesterday's very powerful hail storm as I was in the garden when it arrived so suddenly that I got severely pounded by the hail as I hurried to bring the tools in ..
Had a dreadful night's sleep. I dozed off watching one of several Emergency type programmes so I knew that meant that I then wouldn't be able to fall asleep for a long time ..... 4 hours later, I made a milky drink and did eventually drop off about 3 am, only to be awake again about 6 am :( :evil:
I blame my diverted digestive system which has a mind of it's own, sometimes at the most awkward of times :roll: :!: :thumbsdown :cry:

My plan is to do a zoom Fitsteps class this morning, but I don't think I will be staying the course :yawn :yawn :yawn - oh and finish what I started in the garden yesterday in between showers ;) :thumbsup

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue May 18, 2021 10:11 am

Good morning
I have what passes for a busy day these days

A Zoom call with U3A this morning, we are having a talk about Great Ormond Street but I don’t know which aspect

Then Tai Chi, which I think will be via Zoom as it’s clouding over,was lovely earlier

Then backgammon tonight online against a really good young player

Just realised I haven’t got time to cook the meals I’ve planned. Hmmm

Have a good day everyone

Postby mistakened » Tue May 18, 2021 10:17 am

herbidacious wrote:I guess it's kitten season, Moira... or is it always kitten season where you are?!?
This kitten was a surprise as we haven't seen any pregnant females recently. Deb feeds the feral cats, she adopted two of last years kittens, Ruffle, a little fluffy black female and Pie, a black and white male, both have been neutered.

Moira

Postby scullion » Tue May 18, 2021 10:23 am

good morning, all.
overcast with a couple of rain patches forecast for later.
other than a very brief, light shower late yesterday afternoon - the day was dry down here.
the car park over at perran caused me to be five minutes late for the blood donors.
yesterday was the first day of paying for car parks, in cornwall, for over a year - in theory.
the machine wasn't working and the 'just park' website wasn't either - people were saying that they got all the way to the end of the call and it would then not take the payment.
i left a note in the car window and rushed off.
the same was still happening an hour later when i came away.
i'm intending to spend some time at the sewing machine, today, as i have a bit to prepare for a meeting with 'the girls' tomorrow.
other than that, nothing planned.
have a good day, everyone.

Postby mistakened » Tue May 18, 2021 10:34 am

Deb has returned from buying cat food, she also bought a large quantity of strawberries to make Strawberry Gin :cocktail:

Moira (drinking water)

Postby Earthmaiden » Tue May 18, 2021 10:41 am

Morning all! :wave . We had even more rain and hail last night. The forecast suggests a walk might be better sooner rather than later today too :roll:.

Looks as though everyone's got firm plans for the day! I hope you're finding the pub a friendly one NLB.

I think I'm going to go out, take some books I don't want to an NT bookshop and have a walk there. They are accepting one bag of books per person. I must find a large bag :lol:. Another :mug: first.

Postby liketocook » Tue May 18, 2021 10:50 am

Good morning everyone,
Bright and sunny here this morning. It's the first day the heating hasn't clicked on first thing. :)
I'm dog sitting today for my sister's adorable pooch. :D My son will take him out for a proper walk at lunchtime but apart from that he'll probably just snooze or "help" me with the chores. :lol:
Apart from the base the old shed/log store is no more after my son demolished it yesterday evening. For something that appeared as though it would collapse if you gave a stern look it was surprisingly sturdy!
The pierogi worked well, a tad faffy but one I'll make again as they were delicious. :yum A JO chicken dish tonight for dinner but it doesn't need any advance prep.

Postby halfateabag » Tue May 18, 2021 2:30 pm

Morning all, Gr8 nights sleep, feel very awake today! No rain right now but breezy with it. Lovely hubb got up and let the fluffs out and let me rest.

I have just returned from coffee & biscuits with a good neighbour and a swift tour of her lovely garden. Lovely long chat - village politics !!!!!

The pegged out washing has now been brought in. So we will be in a chinese laundry until it stops raining.

Lunch are sarnies and celery, his is corned beef & onion mine is cheese and onion. Supper is turkey mince with tarragon and lemon with half a baked tato and leeks.

We have just downloaded the NHS App so we can now show we have received both jabs.

Not much else is on the cards today, just more rain by the looks of it..

Postby Pepper Pig » Tue May 18, 2021 3:08 pm

Too late to say GM so Good Afternoon.

Planning a morning out on Thursday. All the bricks are in place. Watch this space.

Postby Sloe-Gin » Tue May 18, 2021 3:09 pm

Afternoon!

I had a very pleasant morning with DiL's parents. She'd made scones, so it would have been churlish to refuse. I was in a bit of a flap, as the hospital phoned and advised me that hub's radiotherapy planning appt is next Weds, as the consultant predicted.

It was a 'stop the world, I want to get off' moment. Feel better now and was looking forward to an afternoon in the garden, but it's gone very black so it may be a case of greenhouse, rather than garden.

Beef carbonnade is in the slow cooker, so little to do on that front.

Glad Zosh managed some sleep.

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue May 18, 2021 3:22 pm

halfateabag wrote:We have just downloaded the NHS App so we can now show we have received both jabs.

Worth saying perhaps that if you have the older Patient Access app, this also lets you show your Covid-19 vaccination record on screen now (it was supposed to appear last week and didn’t, but it is there now, on mine anyway)

Good that the plan goes ahead Sloe Gin :hi5:

Postby Pepper Pig » Tue May 18, 2021 3:34 pm

Which app is this Sue?

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue May 18, 2021 4:10 pm

Pepper Pig wrote:Which app is this Sue?
There are two apps
The newer NHS App which you can download and use for Covid-19 related stuff and some other things, and can link to GP services but you can use it without the GP part I think

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online- ... es/nhs-app

And the long standing Patient Access app, which actually started as a web page thing to access your GP services, but now they've made it an app as well added some of the NHS App functions

https://www.patientaccess.com/

GP services include making appointments and repeat prescription and your GP practice has to activate your account for this (confirming you are registered), also access to your own records

I've had Patient Access for a while since before the NHS App was launched, I find it very useful, first thing I did was sort out my repeat prescriptions by adding a note to my request (please remove drug X from the list, it keeps being sent with drug Y and I can't use it post surgery) - saving the NHS some dosh and me some irritation

Postby KeenCook2 » Tue May 18, 2021 4:51 pm

OMG - thunder, lightning, hail, torrential rain ....

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox