Register

TV and Online Cooking Shows

TV & Radio, Gardening, Who's Who, etc.

Re: TV and Online Cooking Shows

Postby Pepper Pig » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:27 pm

My lunch friend yesterday was raving about the Julia Child thing. Says Sarah Lancashire is magnificent. Said friend is American too.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sun May 01, 2022 12:21 pm

Watching Celebration Kitchen Live: Eid special this morning ... very interesting seeing how chefs and others cope with Ramadan.

I don't know any of the chefs apart from the Big (Zuu) Guy who seems to be flavour of the month at the moment. Apart from Matt and this guy, everyone else was Muslim, so still fasting. One of the female chefs was on Masterchef.

Matt is trying to ask very interesting questions about cooking for Ramadan, but the female guest does keep trying to make him look stupid...for instance she said as a child her favourite dish was lambs brains .. Matt asked what they did with it and she replied "they cook it Matt, we don't eat it raw" :roll: One of the chefs jumped in and explained they make it into curry ..

Even the Nigel Slater is experiencing Ramadan food in Lebanon and Nadyia Hussein is showing off her stuff

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :yum :yum :yum

Postby Stokey Sue » Sun May 01, 2022 1:36 pm

I thought it was very good too Patsy

I think Saliyha been on things like The Morning Show and the One Show and Nabil was on C4 Big Fat Quiz of the Year and I think HIGNFY so he’s probably the next thing on TV

The Saudi woman’s (think her name is Marwaz?) outfit was astonishing, as kitchen gear

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sun May 01, 2022 7:57 pm

Was she the one with the Henna hand art ? Yes, a most wonderful outfit but thought especially for Eid as they all looked as though they were all wearing their best outfits.

Postby Stokey Sue » Sun May 01, 2022 8:21 pm

Cheating and looking it up
BBC Website wrote:Special guests Shazia Mirza and Nabil Abdulrashid share their favourite Eid traditions, and there are recipes from Big Zuu, Saliha Mahmood Ahmed, and Marwa Alkhalaf.

So Shazia and Nabil were the comedians at the table (I knew Shazia, she's been around a long time), Big Zuu was of course Big Zuu cooking, and Dr Saliha is the small British Punjabi with the henna tattoos and Marwa is the statuesque Saudi-Iranian in the satin dress.

really an interesting variety

Postby Pepper Pig » Sun May 01, 2022 9:38 pm

Oddly enough I’ve today been watching Pilgrimage on catch up. Shazia Mirza was on that too and was very good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2022/ ... ge-bbc-two

I will have to watch this morning’s Eid programme tomorrow.

Postby Earthmaiden » Sun May 01, 2022 11:27 pm

I didn't see the programme this morning but got a copy of this week's free paper in Waitrose yesterday and there is a section on recipes for Eid. Not before time. I'll try to find this morning's programme, it sounds interesting. I liked Shazia Mirza in the Pilgrimage series and quite like Bug Zuu's enthusiasm too.

Did anyone see 'Inside the Superbrands' on Ch4 tonight? I've found the series quite informative so far but was bowled over by many aspects of creating the ideal frozen chip (not least the growing of the potatoes and related R&D) and the vast number that are sold. I had no idea. They said that at times, one in every two people in the UK is eating a chip. Worth a watch just to hear the staggering statistics.

Postby Pepper Pig » Sun May 08, 2022 5:32 pm

Postby mistakened » Fri May 20, 2022 3:19 pm

I see that Bake Off, The Professionals will be starting again on Tuesday. will Cherish have her ruler ready?

Cooking with the stars

Postby mark111757 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:02 pm

The celebrity cookery series hosted by Emma Willis and Tom Allen returns, as famous faces cook up a storm week by week in a bid to outdo their rivals. Each of the celebrity contestants are paired with a professional chef who will mentor and teach them to prepare restaurant quality dishes. Tonight, the first four contestants – Anton Du Beke, Joe Wilkinson, Josie Gibson and Woody Cook – battle it out in the kitchen as they compete to cook the best of British.

Homepage.....https://www.itv.com/hub/cooking-with-the-stars/10a1356

Still.might be on the itv hub.if not should be available thru the download circuit

All on the table

Postby mark111757 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:05 pm

Homepage.....https://www.discoveryplus.com/se/show/all-on-the-table

Might still be streaming on discovery+. Otherwise check it out through the download circuit.

The London markets

Postby mark111757 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:18 pm

Homepage.....https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01jjv6k

Check it out on the download circuit

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:30 pm

Hi Mark, tried to email about our new board you but it got bounced back. Will PM you, but you won't get the notification email as your email address is out of date, hope you login again soon!

UPDATE: I've PM'd you...

Amazing graze

Postby mark111757 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:34 pm

Homepage......https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/shows/
Fire up the VPN to be able to watch this or go to the download circuit

Eddie eats america

Postby mark111757 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:04 pm

Homepage.....https://dave.uktv.co.uk/shows/eddie-eats-america/

Still might be available on Dave. Otherwise check out the download circuit

Bake off the professionals

Postby mark111757 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:16 pm

Homepage.....https://www.channel4.com/programmes/bak ... fessionals

Check it out on channel ch4. Or go to the download circuit.

One big recipe

Postby mark111757 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:32 pm

Homepage.......https://www.crave.ca/en/tv-shows/one-big-recipe

If I remember crave is part of CTV in Canada. Ok kids time to fire up the VPN. Or get it thru the download circuit

¹

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:46 pm

I've still got my college spreadsheets somewhere for my exams, tying together multiple dishes into one running timetable! I think there were 5 or 6 dishes at once in my final exam.

Postby Stokey Sue » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:47 am

I remember being very annoyed with the Simon Hopkinson Cooks tv series that was trailed as showing you how to cook a menu for a lunch party

I enjoyed watching him cook the dishes, but what he did was to show you the dishes cooked separately, probably on different days, not a single hint on how you might actual prepare and serve the meal while joining your own party, didn’t follow its own brief.

Postby Earthmaiden » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:59 am

I may be wrong but I don't remember many TV cookery shows explaining how to realistically plan the preparation, cooking and serving of a meal with several courses. Delia perhaps. Even people like Mary Berry seem to roast meat and potatoes but don't show you how to cook accompanying veg (for instance) whilst greeting guests and doing the 1001 other things that need doing. Most shows end up with the cook slurping from a fork in the kitchen.

PreviousNext

Return to Other Stuff