Register

Chatterbox

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: CHATTERBOX

Postby Uschi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:14 am

I try to buy at the bakery, but sometimes it is handy to have these breads.
When we are on Fehmarn, we can't always go into town to get bread from the bakery and then it's a life-saver. And it keeps well.

Postby Renee » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:52 pm

I've just toasted a couple of Schneider Whole Grain Rye Bread, made in Germany, which I like occasionally, topped with home-made smoked mackerel paté.

Postby Joanbunting » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:07 pm

I always have some frozen,part baked baguette, ciabatta or rolls from Picard in my freezer because we live a good 25minute round trip from the nearest bakery and Sometimes I just don't feel like baking if I run out of fresh bread.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby Stokey Sue » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Ocado sell some Picard stuff, including rather nice pain au raisins.

I always have some slices that can be toasted from frozen and some other bread in the freezer, I can’t get through a whole loaf before it goes stale

Postby Alexandria » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:37 pm

Sunday 10th ..

4 Days until Saint Valentine´s Day.

Anyone travelling ? Serving something special ? Booked a reservation at a fave restaurant or perhaps where you 1st met your spouse or dear one ?

In the line up of celebrating Saint Valentine´s, we are going to a Spa, at one of the Spanish Parador Hotels, in El Saler, Valencia, 18 km. from the city of Valencia.
A 4 day, 3 night stay.

My dear surprised me with an invitation to see Italian Vocalist & Musician Eros Ramazzotti, a favorite vocalist of our´s, in the Madrid Capital, at the end of March ! :thumbsup

So, we shall be going to Madrid as well at the end of March to spend a few days !

Have a nice Sunday.
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Joanbunting » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:21 pm

Member 461 I first met my spouse in the back row of an orchestra in an English grammar school. He played the basoon, I played the cello ! The school has since been demolished! We did get to know each other better when we acted in the school dranatic production - Bernard Shaw Major Barbara, he was the romantic lead, I was the matriach with grey hair and a black Victorian dress. All of that was 60 years ago but he is taking me out on Thursday evening. I posted the details elswhere.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic

Postby Alexandria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:57 pm

Wow Joan ! :thumbsup

What a lovely story. :clap

My dear and I met during our Freshman Year at University ..

Yes, I read the Menu that you posted the link for.

Happy Anniversary and all our best wishes .. :wave
Barcelona, soulful & spirited, filled with fine art, amazing architecture, profoundly steeped in culture & history, and it engages all your senses, and food fancies.

Postby Suffs » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:36 pm

My OH and I met at art school ... I was newly single and he was almost 20 years my junior ... we were friends who discussed everything under the sun when suddenly it dawned on us that :newhuggy ... some of the lassies who’d been setting their caps at him were a little surprised, and one lecturer in particular wanted to know what I’d got that she hadn’t :stfu ;) .... we did our Masters in different cities ... but we’re still together ... it’ll be 24 years in a few days’ time ...

Ain’t Education a wonderful thing ... :limbobanana

Postby Joanbunting » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:46 pm

It's the right time of year for romantic stories, and don't we all love them :wino
Heres to :newhuggy :newhuggy

Postby Gillthepainter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:57 pm

one lecturer in particular wanted to know what I’d got that she hadn’t

Class!

Postby cherrytree » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:13 pm

My husband and I met in 1964 at a dance in Carshalton Public Hall when we were inYear12. We went off to University and then got married in 1970. I always say I’ve got one man licked into shape and couldn’t face training another one up!

Postby cherrytree » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:13 pm

My husband and I met in 1964 at a dance in Carshalton Public Hall when we were inYear12. We went off to University and then got married in 1970. I always say I’ve got one man licked into shape and couldn’t face training another one up!

Postby Suffs » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:33 pm

Gillthepainter wrote:
Class!

That was part of it ;)

Postby Uschi » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:14 pm

My fiftieth birthday was on a fotoclub night (December 2013) and so I took gateaux and bubbly for everyone. On that day two new chaps sauntered in and one of them was Axel. I did not know then that he was my birthday present. We didn't get together until Whitsuntide 2015, but it was fun taking our time.

Postby Renee » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:55 am

That's lovely Uschi and you both have the same interest.

Postby dennispc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:06 am

Once upon a time, in a small town, lived a man on his own and on the other side of town a woman in similar circumstances; they had never met.

A friend invited him to join the local arts (drama) group for which she was the Prompt for all productions.

Forty years later OH still gives me on-stage instructions, but I smile a lot.

Postby Lusciouslush » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:22 am

Petronius wrote:Forty years later OH still gives me on-stage instructions, but I smile a lot.

Fabulous Clive :newhuggy just fabulous!

Postby Uschi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:46 pm

That's great!!! My maternal grandparents were together for more than 60 years (they had to elope to marry) and my parents managed 52 years.
Somehow I don't think I am going to match that. :D

Postby Renee » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:11 pm

What a lovely story Petronius!

What a wonderful story about your maternal grandparents Uschi!

Postby WhitefieldFoodie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 pm

What a wonderful array of stories, all soaked in chivalry and romance.

Then there's me and Tiff. Met in Manchester at 23 on a night out of a mutual friends birthday, tiffs friend from work, mine from my university days. We were both bitter and switched off from romance, we drank lots of tequila as a group and we didn't even acknowledge each other. I then shared a taxi home with her as my hotel was the same side of town as her house share. Lots of snow fell, and the taxi was called off due to bad weather I got stuck at her house. All very convenient if you ask me :klingonbanana :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox