Register

Chatterbox

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Chatterbox

Postby Puss-in-boots » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi all, I suggested to Sakkarin about having chatterbox here on the main food page so members would be able to find it. This is the new chatterbox and we will see how it goes.

So chat away... :D

Re: Chatterbox

Postby Renee » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Great idea, Puss, but I've nothing to say at the moment!

I've just made Nigel Slater's delicious bread, made with rye flour, spelt, white, parmesan, walnuts and honey. It's so delicious. I meant to put caraway seeds in, but forgot.

Site Admin

Re: CHATTERBOX

Postby Sakkarin » Fri May 25, 2018 11:26 pm

I've started a new Chatterbox, but kept the first two posts that started it off!

Postby Renee » Sat May 26, 2018 9:28 pm

OK, thanks, Sakkarin! How time flies Feb 2013, it seems like yesterday!

Postby Gillthepainter » Sun May 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi Renee. And thanks Sakkers.
How are you enjoying your company? Colin still visiting?

We are waiting for our biblical thunderstorm to hit at midday. Then will be out and about leaving Cheltenham in our rear view mirror for the afternoon.
I've gone and packed away my winter wardrobe, and seem to have only left myself sunny sandals to put on my feet. Nothing for wet weather.
I'll have to wear trainers.

Postby Renee » Sun May 27, 2018 2:40 pm

Colin said that it was thundering here for over an hour starting at 4am, but the rain missed us.

He is here until Thursday. A few photos from the other day, the first two are at Fairhaven lake near to Lytham and the third was taken at the plant centre which is near to where I live.

Postby Gillthepainter » Mon May 28, 2018 8:57 am

OOoooo the Wisteria is out.
I know of Lytham because of your windmill, Renee. It seems like a jolly pretty place to me.

We were going walking from Lechlade to Cricklade today if it doesn't thunder - the source of the Thames river.
But I think it might be too stormy. Another day perhaps.

Postby Suffs » Mon May 28, 2018 2:21 pm

Hello all ... I found you :tongueout

We're back from a lovely holiday in sunny St Ives ......... kippers for Sunday breakfast on a balcony overlooking the sunlit harbour was bliss ....... not to mention all the lovely seafood and cheese (as well as pasties, ice cream and beer) and wall to wall sunshine every day ....... 8-)

And if you're interested ... the new exhibition space at the Tate is sublime and the Patrick Heron show is wonderful :clap

Postby Gillthepainter » Mon May 28, 2018 5:02 pm

You may just have seen my painting friend, Suffs. You never know.
She's been there since Friday - and will definitely have a lot to say about the Tate.

Postby Renee » Mon May 28, 2018 5:19 pm

Lytham is a lovely place, Gill and was a finalist in the Britain in Bloom competition. It also has the best fish and chip shop, recommended by Rick Stein and Gordon Ramsay who had his birthday party there.

A long walk is a bit risky with this weather and here, it's way to hot to do anything except sit in the shade.

I like your new avatar, btw.

Postby Suffs » Mon May 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Hi Gill ... we left on Friday morning so we were probably ships that passed ......... the new space at the Tate really is wonderful ... a huge very adaptable space with natural top light and a beautiful pale floor ....... it's turned the St Ives Tate from a constant 'slight disappointment' for us to an absolute delight ... it's a triumph ... we visited twice in the week to see the Patrick Heron show ... I'm coming over a bit emotional now just thinking about it :clap

I'm sure your friend will love it 8-) I hope she has as glorious a time as we did ..... the weather was wonderful.

Postby Gillthepainter » Tue May 29, 2018 8:30 am

Morning Suffs.
Well that's put St Ives back on our visiting list then. Thanks for the recommendation.
We are looking for somewhere in September, if we have one of those dreamy Indian summers.

Postby Suffs » Tue May 29, 2018 11:38 am

Morning Gill (and everyone else)

We usually go to St Ives at the end of May/beg of June, or the first couple of weeks in Sept ... we've never had anything but idyllic weather yet ... if you want self-catering I can't recommend this agency highly enough http://www.aspects-holidays.co.uk/st-ives-webcam ... but afraid the gorgeous little cottage where we stayed, (behind The Sloop) is fully booked in September.

Postby Gillthepainter » Wed May 30, 2018 8:57 am

Thanks for the recommendation, Suffers.
I've saved the site, they're super looking places. We have indeed stayed at the Sloop Inn before. And have memories of a glorious meal at a place called Rusters? which doesn't seem to be there any more.
Ah well.

I could do with a sunny mini break right now.
The heavens have opened, and I don't have a car to get anywhere, Tony's taken it.
I'm going to get utterly soaked this morning on my travels.

Postby Renee » Wed May 30, 2018 10:26 am

This was on Martin Lewis' website this morning. I haven't had chance to look properly, but there are well-known makes amongst them such as M&S and Zara. He says to look upon it as an online TKMaxx!

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals ... ounds#e5p5

Postby Gillthepainter » Wed May 30, 2018 11:19 am

Goooooood God! Renee.
I've been looking for simple trainers, and they've got them. I've just ordered them.

If you apply the voucher MSESUMMER you get free delivery and a bit more off too.

What a Magic1 you are.

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Wed May 30, 2018 4:25 pm

I was going to put this in the "Food Scares" Thread, but thought it might be a bit flippant so put it here instead...

Postby jeral » Wed May 30, 2018 8:41 pm

Renée, thanks for the MSE link. I'll be wearing some new jeans soon 8-)

It's cheered me up a lot together with Sakkarin's cartoon, tee hee, since my internet was down this morning and for some reason my Excel has suddenly decided to crash shortly after opening a file (any file) and I haven't the faintest why. Dunno if it means all my files will be contaminated, hope not.

Postby Renee » Wed May 30, 2018 9:34 pm

I loved that cartoon Sakkarin! Thanks for the giggle!

Postby Suffs » Thu May 31, 2018 11:12 am

Gillthepainter wrote:Thanks for the recommendation, Suffers.
I've saved the site, they're super looking places. We have indeed stayed at the Sloop Inn before. And have memories of a glorious meal at a place called Rusters? which doesn't seem to be there any more.
Ah well. .

We used to enjoy eating here http://www.coolplaces.co.uk/places/uk/e ... 3-seagrass but Lee Groves has moved on and Seagrass is now The Kitchen Table and is apparently more Eastern Med/Middle Eastern in style ... but we've not eaten there ...... yet ....... there are so many good places to choose from.

Next

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox