Register

Foods that keep you warm

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Foods that keep you warm

Postby Earthmaiden » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:41 pm

One of the pizza chains did a sweet pizza concoction when I was at work (I.e. pizza dough with something sweet and gooey on it). One day when we ordered pizza a free one of these was thrown in. It was the most wickedly calorific and glorious thing you could have imagined- I'd never have believed it without trying! I don't remember which chain it was.

Postby Pepper Pig » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:43 pm

I seem to remember a craze for sweet topped pizzas when I had teenagers about twenty years ago.

Postby jeral » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:25 pm

Well, all the fat and carb calories in sweet pizzas ought to keep us warm 8-) Maybe the craze was regional as it's new to me. Were sweet pizzas popular as takeaways? I'd imagine so, being handheld slices suitable for informal buffet gatherings.

Postby Pepper Pig » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:35 pm

My, probably failed, memory thinks it was Domino’s Delivery Jeral as that’s who the daughters used to use as their boyfriends were delivery drivers. I’ll ask them next time we Zoom.

Postby jeral » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:42 pm

Thanks. As a dessert, I see nothing wrong with sweet pizzas. The tapioca one mentioned might be both to hold and absorb some of the liquid syrup, like a drainage barrier or ground almonds or semolina in treacle tart.

My personal bugbear is sweet sandwich bread or rolls when it's not meant to be sweet but often seems to be (to me) these days. (Sorry, mini rant. I'll make my own if ever I de-clutter enough surface space. I used to before surfaces became a gadget car park.)

Postby Earthmaiden » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:36 pm

I quite agree about sweet bread
in the wrong place!

DS has had connections with Dominos for many years but I don't remember them doing a sweet pizza (though I've rarely had any takeaway pizza!). The one we had at work definitely wasn't.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox