Register

Waitrose Vouchers.

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Waitrose Vouchers.

Postby Loulou » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:09 pm

I’ve just received a set of 6 Waitrose vouchers giving £12.00 off a £60 spend with an expiry date of 7th Feb. which is is great BUT they can only be used in store! I was going to use one for my MILs online shop which will probably be about £80 or £90 for her and her carer. I’m just perplexed they can’t be used online when so many people are trying to avoid going out at the moment. :roll:

Re: Waitrose Vouchers.

Postby Suelle » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:23 pm

How annoying! I regularly get similar vouchers, usually with a minimum £40 spend, but which I can never use because I can't carry that amount of shopping at once!
Traditional home baking, and more:
http://mainlybaking.blogspot.co.uk/

Postby herbidacious » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:46 pm

It's really hard to get into a Waitrose round here even if you want to.

You just reminded me I have a £75 voucher from work, which I can use in store onr online, but struggling to buy anything from Waitrose by any means at the moment due to no delivery slots and long queues.

Postby Loulou » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:36 pm

herbidacious wrote:It's really hard to get into a Waitrose round here even if you want to.

You just reminded me I have a £75 voucher from work, which I can use in store onr online, but struggling to buy anything from Waitrose by any means at the moment due to no delivery slots and long queues.

When I was in Waitrose last week they had some John Lewis sale items, mainly bedding and towels. You may see something you like?

Postby Earthmaiden » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:34 pm

The ones they send every 3 months or so are always for in store only. I suppose they just print and send automatically as usual. It seems very bad the way things are - perhaps they know fewer will get used and that it will help their kitty.

Postby Gillthepainter » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:44 pm

Oh dear. Don't get me started on Waitrose (and John Lewis).
I think their behaviour during the lockdown is the worst of the bunch. So stroppy with customers.
And to confirm this I have just collected a click and collect JL bedding purchase, and had a rude member of staff barking out orders at me. Stand back. No come forward that's too far!
It only takes one to do the damage.

I'm simply going to return the purchase, and look at the M&S bedding instead. Pretty miffed. I've sent in a complaint, but will probably come across as highly strung. I don't care much. Grrrrr ruff ruff.

Bin those vouchers :gonzo

Postby Earthmaiden » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:03 pm

Gosh, that's sad. Our Waitrose has been quite nice, very friendly and never too crowded during all this. I have felt safe there.

If that's your local Waitrose Gill, it's funny but I have never enjoyed going there.

Postby Gillthepainter » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:13 pm

It is our local one yes, so it's interesting you're not a lover either. It's hard to get Tony into there, so he won't miss it.
There's something he doesn't like. I find the staff brusque in general in there, so they've finally lost a customer.

Postby herbidacious » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:28 pm

I can't get in my local Waitrose. Generally though the staff are lovely. It's the customers who are super rude to both staff and other customers alike..

Postby Suffs » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:51 pm

The staff in our local Wrose are absolutely lovely. They’ve even been doing an ‘unofficial’ weekly phone in order for a recently widowed neighbour of ours who can’t manage t’internet ... they’ve been delivery by ‘losing’ the mile round trip in other deliveries bless them. She says they’ve been so kind. The undertakers is opposite the Wrose and quite a few of the staff stood out on the pavement to show respect when the hearse and funeral party left ... as it was during the first lockdown it was a tiny funeral party and our neighbour said little things like that meant so much to her.

Postby Pampy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:07 am

Whenever I get the money-off vouchers from Waitrose, they can be used both in-store and online. I wonder if you have to have shopped online with them in order to be able to use any vouchers online? Or could it be because I live quite a distance from the nearest store?

Postby KeenCook2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:25 pm

I have a feeling that when I used to get regular Waitrose vouchers the spend threshold to use them online was higher than if I went to the shop? But it's been so long I really can't remember. I'll look more closely at the next ones, if I ever get any :lol:

Postby Loulou » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:17 pm

KeenCook2 wrote:I have a feeling that when I used to get regular Waitrose vouchers the spend threshold to use them online was higher than if I went to the shop? But it's been so long I really can't remember. I'll look more closely at the next ones, if I ever get any :lol:

I shop both online and in store at Waitrose but rarely get vouchers, although I think I got similar ones around December 19 but didn’t use them for some reason. There are six all with £12 off a £60 spend. On the back after all the small print it says “This voucher cannot be used online”, even though it was sent in a little booklet form by Alison Hepworth online editor! The staff at my local Waitrose are all very nice and some work both in store and also on deliveries.

Postby Lokelani » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:59 pm

That's just made me think, I haven't had any for ages from Waitrose. I can't remember if they say online or in store usually.

Sainsburys are exasperating like that too, not only do they always email or post ones that can be used in store only. They then staple money off coupon type vouchers, or extra points to my online order paperwork that have barcodes that can only be used in store. The very fact they're delivering it says you're an online customer.

I ordered some loo rolls from Ocado last week (normal supplies only... not 100 rolls.. :lol: ). When checking out it said I had an incomplete offer in my basket & told me to add the 2nd for a 2 for £ however much. Then when I tried to add the 2nd, it told me I could not have the 2nd pack because I had exceeded the max purchase limit of one! It just made me feel overcharged having to pay nearly as much for the one as for the 2 packs.

I guess they're doing their best whilst frantically busy. Does me good to moan about it & get it off my chest though no doubt! :lol:

Postby Earthmaiden » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:10 pm

Sainsburys don't even give a aper receipt for online shopping here any more, let alone anything stapled to it. It's all online. I did attempt to change an online voucher for one to use in the shop but they wanted me to phone customer services. I saved it until I did another online shop but think they might have been able to help at the customer services desk.

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox