Register

Standard NY health kick

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Standard NY health kick

Postby dennispc » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:33 pm

Budleigh Salterton had an annual Dolls House Fair and we took a stand there every year. The good places to eat for lunch were all booked in advance by the locals, obviously deciding they didn’t fancy cooking anymore.

We’ve ridden the Seaton Tramway, nice cafe at the Colyton End. Stayed in a B&B on Seaton front that won the Four in a Bed programme.

Here’s a photo of Seaton Hole, just outside the town, taken from a lovely wooden cafe not far from the Beer Quarry Caves where our coffee group had a tour. Worth a Google.

Seaton hole 2.JPG

We’re not NY resolution people, so after a brief break for Christmas, we’ll continue avoiding processed sugar, as we did from the beginning of first lockdown. At the same time reducing potatoes and bread. Both of us lost roughly a stone and a half, which pleased OH no end, and lowered my blood pressure. It was fine during the summer but the colder weather meant more carbs for me. The low fat part of our food intake, has continued, again I’ve increased mine. Blood pressure up a bit, but nothing to worry about.

Postby Amber » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:50 am

Amyw wrote:and using my phone

Mine always announces (very loudly) how slowly we’re walking......just as we pass some ‘professional’ hikers doing a twenty mile walk at four miles an hour. Oh to be young again :roll: :oops: :lol:

Postby Amyw » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:44 pm

I had the opposite ... yesterday I did a 9.5 mile walk to Topsham , for anyone familiar with the area . Thought I was doing pretty well , going at a reasonable speed when this couple in their sixties , I’d say , sped past and power walked until they were just a dot in the distance

Postby Amyw » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:37 pm

2.5 pounds lost in my first week which I’m pleased with

Postby Gillthepainter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:46 am

Well done you. Little by little, keep doing what you're doing.
I've just weighed myself and haven't put anything on in the last month, despite my not doing home gym work for a month.
I feel rather wibbly wobbly, and must get back into it.

Black tea this morning instead of milky coffee to make a small January effort.

Postby Suelle » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:04 am

Amyw wrote:2.5 pounds lost in my first week which I’m pleased with

That's a good start - it's not sustainable in the long term to try to lose faster than that.
Traditional home baking, and more:
http://mainlybaking.blogspot.co.uk/

Postby Amyw » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:52 pm

Yes definitely, if that stays consistent it’ll be 10lb in 4 weeks which I’ll be more than happy with . Plus Chinese , Prosecco and some that ridiculous Oreo cake I made was consumed as well :bounce: :bounce:

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox