Register

Moussaka

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Moussaka

Postby Lusciouslush » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:38 pm

Like Zosh I put a layer of potatoes only at the bottom of the dish then layer up with Aubergines which have been oven baked - plenty of spice & garlic in the meat mix, then a layer of feta before topping with the yoghurt/egg mixture, then a good sprinkling of grated parmesan on top of that.

Haven't made one for ages - but want one now - have minced lamb but no aubergines...........hmmmmm :?

Postby karadekoolaid » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:24 pm

I don´t put potato in mine. The meat mixture is spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper and cloves. Plenty of garlic and a glass of red wine (which gives me a good excuse to open a bottle). That goes on the bottom; the baked aubergines go on top and the bechamel on top of that.

Postby karadekoolaid » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:32 pm

Well, I did it. I had to buy some more aubergines because the ones in the fridge were no good, but the final result was delish, and I´ve got some left over for tomorrow´s lunch
Moussaka.JPG
Moussaka.JPG (1.85 MiB) Viewed 1807 times

Postby PatsyMFagan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:53 pm

A bit late to this thread, but I have just made my version of a moussaka. I already had some minced lamb that needed using up and the other ingredients. I have put potatoes at the bottom as these had already been cooked and also used my some home grown tomatoes. I threw together a 'bechamel' sauce using a carton of out of date soft (spreadable) goat cheese and a handful of grated parmesan with an egg for lightness. I have enjoyed licking the spoons, so hope the finished product is as tasty ;) :yum

Postby Renee » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:00 pm

It sounds wonderful Pat! I must make one soon.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:15 pm

And it tasted great Renee :yum :yum :yum :thumbsup

Postby Gillthepainter » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:10 pm

Slurp @ Clive and Patsy.
Sorry I never did get to make this, as Tony didn't want it, and my sister & OH (staying at a lakeside cabin nearby) out of preference, wanted me to make an Indian meal instead.

I'll make it another time.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox