Register

Stick Blenders

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Stick Blenders

Postby dennispc » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:04 pm

Pampy wrote:
dennispc wrote:
Off topic: I do like the way delivery drivers take a photo of parcels so you know where they leave them.

Especially as they could just remove the parcel after taking the photo!

Never thought of that Pampy, has it really happened anywhere?

yea, I know it seems daft, but not having to be woken from afternoon nap to give a signature is a bonus! :D

Postby karadekoolaid » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:46 am

We had a Dack and Blecker stick blender; in fact it´s still there; but it´s awfully slow. I think I´d probably go for a Cuisinart when I eventually get round to changing it.

Postby dennispc » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:20 pm

Tuesday I made a batch of tomato sauce ready for ragus and such like.

Stick blender worked fine and less washing up than a Magimix! :clap For the reason we bought it, very happy.

Still I haven't mastered the skill of fixing the blending stick to the bowl, to try chopping onions and bread crumbs. Still use the Cuisinart for those things.

Postby KeenCook2 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:03 pm

karadekoolaid wrote:We had a Dack and Blecker stick blender; in fact it´s still there; but it´s awfully slow.

:lol: :lol: Even with the tungsten bit designed for bricks?

(Or do they really make blenders :lol: )

Postby PatsyMFagan » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:10 pm

dennispc wrote:Tuesday I made a batch of tomato sauce ready for ragus and such like.

Stick blender worked fine and less washing up than a Magimix! :clap For the reason we bought it, very happy.

Still I haven't mastered the skill of fixing the blending stick to the bowl, to try chopping onions and bread crumbs. Still use the Cuisinart for those things.

Having looked online at what I think you have Dennis ... it seems, like my Braun stick blender, that the stick arm comes away from the motor by pressing a lug on each side (just under the name ) ... then the whisk and/or chopping unit clips into place ???

Postby dennispc » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:30 pm

Thanks Patsy, I'll have a go tomorrow.

Postby karadekoolaid » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:56 pm

:lol: :lol: Even with the tungsten bit designed for bricks?

(Or do they really make blenders :lol: )

Hahaha!! Yes they do - or did. We had a B&D mini oven, a stick blender (which we only used for blending sticks :gonzo :gonzo ) and a mini-food blender. The latter was terrible and began to break up after about two months.

Postby dennispc » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:48 am

Thanks Patsy for your help but didn't get around to doing more with the stick blender; only now caught up with KK’s use of his!

You will see from the photo that I did get the stick to join the bowl, but haven’t had an opportunity since to try it out.

According to the instructions, the attachment that fits to the bowl, locks by turning to the right, left to unlock. I realise the graphic is a two way arrow, but think the lock symbol should be on the right and vice versa, but it works, bingo. :thumbsup

IMG_1231.jpg

Postby PatsyMFagan » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:11 am

Ah .,.. each make has a different way of connecting and also my Braun stick blender is quite old too ... but glad it gave you an idea ... I rave about my Bamix stick blender but the Braun sits on the other side of the kitchen - very convenient when I run out of space where the Bamix sits. Now realising this must appear that I have an enormous kitchen, to big to get from one side to the other ... it's the sockets ;)

Postby dennispc » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:29 am

PatsyMFagan wrote:... it's the sockets ;)
Tell me about it!

BiL has just built himself a summer house, it's got more sockets than our kitchen! :twisted:

Postby PatsyMFagan » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:32 am

So has my conservatory ... I have a double socket in each corner . My bedrooms are a nightmare ! I have extension cables running round the rooms :( :shock: :roll:

Postby jeral » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:11 pm

Glad to hear dennispc has trained his blender into submission.

Re lack of sockets that drives you dotty, I was delighted to have one of these fitted that converts a double to four sockets without needing to change any house wiring. I'd suggest the electrician does a supply and fit so there should be no quibble over quality and let him fit what he's happy with. Mine charged £40 all in IIRC.

They are fitted using the existing back box behind flush sockets, not surface mounted sockets.

You should still treat as two sockets for loading, so not for four washing machines or the like.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Switched-Fused ... B01CUMH54E

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:11 pm

I've got to have a couple of sockets looked at by an electrician - both ordinary switched double sockets but one is completely dead and one the left hand point is dead
It seemed odd, but they are both about 10 years old and, critically, out of the same batch of sockets put in when some renovation was done so my guess is it's a slow burn manufacturing fault

Postby Pampy » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:22 pm

This is very useful - only needs 1 wall socket to plug into and also has USB ports https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox