Register

Buying fresh fish on line

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Buying fresh fish on line

Postby capricornbcaroline » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:22 pm

Suffs wrote:I've not bought anything from them ... my freezer is already rammed and as I've said, I live near the coast ... but the site says ...

"Your order is packed in fully curbside recyclable boxes supplied from the team at TemperPack. Their ClimaCell boxes are manufactured from renewable plant-based components and paper. They're designed to protect your fish and keep it at the right temperature during transportation, ensuring it reaches you in perfect condition."

How that compares with the total environmental impact of buying fresh or frozen fish from all over the world from a supermarket I don't know ... anyone ... ?

I've bought excellent fish from Pesky Fish. Some months ago they were using the TemperPack packaging but my recent orders have been delivered with plastic insulation. I think they had problems with keeping the fish cold enough in transit with the more environmentally friendly packaging. Their fish is expensive compared with supermarket fish but as others have said there's good reasons for the extra cost. No longer being close to Steve Hatt's is the thing I miss most about moving out of London.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox