Register

Fisher Paykel v. Smeg fridge freezer

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Fisher Paykel v. Smeg fridge freezer

Postby Binky » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:08 pm

miss mouse wrote:Where do you get the Heinz mayo from Binky? Supplies have vanished here although ketchup still in plentiful supply so no need for panic yet.

That's a cool fridge and 'at last' from your POV. Allegedly Baby Oil keeps the SS looking good.

It was from Tesco online. We haven't been to a supermarket or any other shop for that matter since March 2020. All our food, drink, cat food, Pellegrino water, cakes, and chocolates are delivered to the door.

We tried our best with lots of retailers. Even John Lewis (who delivered our old fridge freezer) don't do steps these days. Health and Safety etc. Eventually we located Appliance City and they said they would deliver, with an extra crew member, but we had to pay a little bit extra for that. Hobson's choice for us.

Postby scullion » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:35 am

that's the f/f our upcountry young have.
they are really pleased with it but have said that, for them, a bit more freezer room ratio would have been better. they both work long hours so i suppose that's understandable.

Postby Binky » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:40 pm

We have a chest freezer downstairs.

The one in the kitchen is for immediate needs; fruit for smoothies, green veg, bread and croissants for breakafast.

Don't really need a big freezer for that so suits our needs perfectly.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:35 pm

HOW MUCH ? :shock: sorry had to say that. They look wonderful, but there's always that 2 at the beginning of the price ... I could never justify paying that sort of money and the whole kitchen would need a re-model to fit one in. :mrgreen:

Postby Binky » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:36 pm

Patsy, I don't know if you are aware but I have a 'life limiting' illness (I don't think medics like to say terminal any more).

Due to generous inheritance from OH's parents we have more money than we can we spend in the time allotted. We can't go on holidays any more, we can't really go out due to risk of infection, so we are spending around the home and denying ourselves nothing. If we like and want something then it gets bought. The new fridge freezer was one of those purchases.

Postby Rainbow » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:39 am

Binky wrote:Due to generous inheritance from OH's parents we have more money than we can we spend in the time allotted. We can't go on holidays any more, we can't really go out due to risk of infection, so we are spending around the home and denying ourselves nothing. If we like and want something then it gets bought. The new fridge freezer was one of those purchases.

Sounds like a great idea, to me :D
And looks like a great fridge, too!

Postby PatsyMFagan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:43 am

Binky wrote:Patsy, I don't know if you are aware but I have a 'life limiting' illness (I don't think medics like to say terminal any more).

Due to generous inheritance from OH's parents we have more money than we can we spend in the time allotted. We can't go on holidays any more, we can't really go out due to risk of infection, so we are spending around the home and denying ourselves nothing. If we like and want something then it gets bought. The new fridge freezer was one of those purchases.

I did know about your illness Binky and I am so sorry to hear that. :newhuggy . My cancer diagnosis was life changing not life limiting but that only changed after drastic surgery. :crossed :thumbsup If I was in the same situation, I certainly would do the same, but for me I would buy a top of the range car. ;)

Postby Binky » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:53 am

One like this Patsy? Already bought m'dear. A Ferrari 430 Spyder.

Postby aero280 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:02 am

Indeed. The first advice we got on inheritance planning was “There’s nothing wrong in spending it all and leaving nothing” :)

We are trying, in our modest way, but I think the kids will still get the house!!

Postby Binky » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:08 am

We don't have children. The nieces and nephews are already well-provided for so will only get a modest amount from us. The lions share is going to various charities.

Postby aero280 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:10 am

That picture reminds me of the mean husband who was always saving money and spending little on his wife. She finally snapped and said “I’ve had enough. I want something on the drive that does 0-150 in under 5 seconds, or I’m leaving”. When she got home, there was a set of bathroom scales on the drive! :o

Postby PatsyMFagan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:33 pm

Binky wrote:One like this Patsy? Already bought m'dear. A Ferrari 430 Spyder.

That will do nicely ;) However, I would go for a bit more comfort. A convertible certainly, but easy to get in and out of ... I have always liked the Volvo, but top of range of course :thumbsup

Postby Busybee » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:37 pm

Binky wrote:One like this Patsy? Already bought m'dear. A Ferrari 430 Spyder.

Binky, I like your style - both the fridge freezer and the car! Long may you continue to enjoy both items.

BB

Postby Binky » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:23 pm

The car was actually bought after my first cancer in 2008. OH wanted something exotic for us both to enjoy; and we did, as we travelled extensively in Europe and Scotland. And I survived a further bout a couple of years later. Circumstances are very different now so I'm glad that we both enjoyed it for many years.

Ironically, although it was expensive to buy, it's kept it's value and could be sold for more or less what we paid for it.

:limbobanana

Postby Rainbow » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:56 am

Busybee wrote:Binky, I like your style - both the fridge freezer and the car! Long may you continue to enjoy both items.

I agree, and glad you enjoyed the car while you could travel extensively.

I also wanted to say that I love your avatar. We had a cat called Binky when I was a child and it makes me smile each time I see it :D

Postby Binky » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:11 am

We have three all-black cats. They're the ones left in rescue centres as people don't want them. They're not photogenic, apparently.

Postby KeenCook2 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:44 pm

Binky wrote:We have three all-black cats. They're the ones left in rescue centres as people don't want them. They're not photogenic, apparently.

I'm surprised at that, Binky - would have thought the opposite!

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox