Register

Sauce it boxes

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Sauce it boxes

Postby Meganthemog » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:46 am

Has anyone else tried the new online delivery boxes from Sauce-it? Matt Tebbutt is behind them - I saw them advertised on Twitter. We tried the Summer Feasting Hamper at £160. The quality of the meat was superb and there was plenty of it in each case. We haven't tried the burgers yet but they are really huge and sitting in the freezer until the weather warms up and we can BBQ them. The tomahawk steak was fabulous and feed 3 of us very well. The lamb weighed in at 1.7 kilos and served 6 for the first meal, then 3 for the second and OH finished it off in a sandwich so 10 servings. The spatchcocked chicken was succulent and really tasty. Each came with instructions of what marinade etc to use and was pretty much fool proof. Would I order again - yes certainly especially if I was having guests for a weekend - it would save a lot of hassle of shopping and thinking about what to serve.

Re: Sauce it boxes

Postby Earthmaiden » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:57 pm

Hope you don't mind but I'm posting a link to what seems to be the correct site https://www.sauce-it.net/

It looks lovely. Do tell more about the accompaniments - they look great.

Postby Meganthemog » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:25 pm

Earthmaiden wrote:Hope you don't mind but I'm posting a link to what seems to be the correct site https://www.sauce-it.net/

It looks lovely. Do tell more about the accompaniments - they look great.

To be honest we haven't tried them all yet as there were so many! The litre of olive oil is still unopened as we have several on the go. We used the rose harissa on the lamb and the green salsa on the chicken and both were fab - we've used the rose harissa many times before. The aioli and bravas sauces have a 3 day from opening life so they are in the fridge until I know that we can use them up. The chips were lovely - I thrice cooked them and they were really good. The truffle butter went on top of the tomahawk steak but there is still some left over which I will probably use in some scrambled eggs at the weekend.

Although it seemed like a lot of money at the time it actually worked out quite reasonable for the number of meals we got out of it and still have to come.

Apparently Sabrina Ghayour is doing one sometime soon - I love her cookery books and will probably order her box.

Postby Earthmaiden » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:25 pm

Isn't it great when so much is left over and can be used in the future for other things! I'm really tempted by some of the range shown.

Let us know if you go for the Sabrina Ghayour.

Postby Stokey Sue » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:08 pm

It looks as if it’s all good stuff, but I won’t be ordering one, I have so many good delis nearby it makes more sense to get what I want as and when I want it

The Mediterranean one would be great to take to a luxurious holiday let

Will be very interested to see what Sabrina puts in hers, and whether it will be be more Persian or Yorkshire

Postby liketocook » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:28 pm

That does look pretty good and fairly decent value for money. Probably not something I would buy in the normal course of events but we are hoping to go away as a family next year for a long weekend and something like this would be ideal if we end up somewhere rural. One of those, a decent butchers breakfast pack, snacks, coffee, some booze etc. would pretty much cover it.

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox