Register

lamb dishes

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: lamb dishes

Postby ZeroCook » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:20 pm

Had come a across the term hogget but ages ago - something beginning with h! - and didn't spring to mind so thanks for the post Stokey.

Lovely meal all round, Gill. No, not exotic but actually my all time favourite.
-------That is dinky, How do you find 14"? I'm a 15 " laptopper and alway wonder about 14" for added lightness. SSDs are :thumbsup (maybe time for a tech thread on Members page or Other Stuff!)

WW - see what you mean. Tbh I often find Ottolenghi a bit frilly and for the large array of spices and flavourings he has, often surprisingly weak. More is sometimes less.

Sloe Gin nice goat meat link. (Savoury duck?? :? )

Must get in some lamb - or even goat - sometime.

Postby miss mouse » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:30 pm

ZeroCook wrote:. Tbh I often find Ottolenghi a bit frilly and for the large array of spices and flavourings he has,

A perfect description IMO, 'frilly'. And oh, what an effort looking at the ingredients list, I feel VV tired just thinking about it.

Postby WWordsworth » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:05 pm

Yep, he is a bit Per Una" isn't he.

Postby ZeroCook » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:37 am

miss mouse wrote:
ZeroCook wrote:. Tbh I often find Ottolenghi a bit frilly and for the large array of spices and flavourings he has,

A perfect description IMO, 'frilly'. And oh, what an effort looking at the ingredients list, I feel VV tired just thinking about it.

What's interesting is that I can happily assemble all the spices in a long Madhur Jaffrey recipe, fir example, and feel they're all necessary and not have a problem with that. Ottolenghi reminds me of BBQ guys and chili hot sauce cooks that have fifty ingredients in a rub or a sauce where all but three or four are unnecessary or pointless. That's what I mean by frilly - in the modernistic sense. Overembellishment for its own sake.

Postby miss mouse » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:47 pm

ZeroCook wrote: Ottolenghi reminds me of BBQ guys and chili hot sauce cooks that have fifty ingredients in a rub or a sauce where all but three or four are unnecessary or pointless. That's what I mean by frilly - in the modernistic sense. Over embellishment for its own sake.

A perfect description for me.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox