Register

Wild about Chatter ... Vol. 5

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Wild about Chatter ... Vol. 5

Postby Suffs » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:47 pm

Here we are ... Volume 5 .... start chatting folks :D :mug:

Re: Wild about Chatter ... Vol. 5

Postby Pepper Pig » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:50 pm

Anyone else watching the cricket? :crying2

Postby Sloe-Gin » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:54 pm

Morning.
I expected it to be a bit warmer today, but even the Tesco delivery man was complaining abut the cold.

I'm making individual beef wellingtons for tonight and maybe deep fried Camembert to start. I cheated and bought ready rolled puff pastry though!!

Pepper, we live across the road from a cricket club, but never watch it

Postby Seatallan » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:24 pm

Welcome Volume 5!! :wave:

Milder today, windy and showery. Very much enjoyed my morning run, and the mysterious Valentine card from an unknown admirer that I found on the kitchen table this morning.... :D . As is our tradition, we're cooking a Valentines Day meal tonight. We take it it turns year on year, one doing starter & pud and the other doing mains. I'm on mains this time. Starter is Mr S's French onion soup with cheesy crutons :yum , mains is a (Nigella) chicken & fennel tray bake with bitter orange, served with mashed sweet potato and sugar snap peas and pud is a treacle tart with cream. We have a bottle of fizz, some jolly nice white wine and a wee bottle of pudding wine so all told it should be yummy....

Catch you later everyone!
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby slimpersoninside » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:36 pm

Morning all.

I'm a bit puzzled, shouldn't vol. 4&5 be in each others places?

Postby Suffs » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:43 pm

Home made Valentine cards here this year ... difficult to keep it secret as we share the studio ... I had to paint it when he went out for exercise or was doing his yoga etc. Then on Friday he asked if we were 'doing cards' this year as he knew I'd not been anywhere to buy one and he'd not seen me making one ... I took pity on him and dropped a hint that if he'd not made me one yet he needed to get a move on :shock: :lol: ... and he did, bless him ......... a gorgeous little painting in a matching card. :newhuggy

I've been following the cricket Pp, but haven't actually watched any ... I'm usually in either the kitchen or the studio (or both) in the mornings. Think we need to work out what we got right in the last Test and see if there's more of that in the pot :roll:

Postby Suffs » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:47 pm

slimpersoninside wrote:Morning all.

They will be ... but I can't do that ... I've notified the Mods to let them know we have a new thread and I expect that when they've finished opening their sacks of Valentine cards they'll get around to pinning Vol 5 with the other Chatterbox in Announcements . :thumbsup

Postby slimpersoninside » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:42 pm

Suffs wrote:
slimpersoninside wrote:Morning all.

They will be ... but I can't do that ... I've notified the Mods to let them know we have a new thread and I expect that when they've finished opening their sacks of Valentine cards they'll get around to pinning Vol 5 with the other Chatterbox in Announcements . :thumbsup

Ahhh, I see.

I'm easily confused :? . I think I must usually miss the new thread at it's beginning as I can't remember coming across the about face before. I shall have to go and have a lie down now :lol: !

Thank you for doing the Wild about Chatter threads Suff :thumbsup .

Postby dennispc » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:46 pm

Every cloud has a silver lining, but not much use if you can’t find a cloud.

Two months ago, following automatic updates on iphone and iPad, Desktop files disappeared, passwords didn’t work and iCloud couldn’t be found either.

Altogether we’ve been ‘chatting’ with Apple Support for over seven hours. We now have a mac that links with the other two devices though not with everything.

I’ll use a mac forum to search for those files - fortunately have got all Photos - but need an image hosting site to post screen shots there.

What’s the one you use Gill? I don’t want to use Flickr as already have an account with them but don’t have the password. There’s Drop Box on the mac, but want something separate from Apple, despite being impressed with their support - all free.

In a bit I’ll try posting a photo on the Bread thread and that will do me for now.

Postby mistakened » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:20 pm

We had some grilled halloumi for lunch, nothing complicated as it was a fresh, village halloumi, just some olive oil, oregano and finished with a drizzle of pomegranate molasses, all local produce.

As it is Sunday afternoon the village children are out and about. The road outside is great for speeding downhill on your scooter or bike

Moira

Postby scullion » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:22 pm

good whatever, everyone.
wet and windy - but decidedly warmer.
walk postponed until tomorrow - don't fancy getting sandblasted - or wet.
my partner rarely does the romantic gesture (although one year he did plant daffodils to come up in a heart shape where i could see them from the kitchen window).
i've not got round to filling the 'heart' i made for him (some years back) with blood cells in chocolate form, this year, so i can't complain if the day is just any other day.
i don't seem to be getting any side effects from last night's jab so it doesn't look like i'll get out of doing dinner tonight - never mind!
maybe i'll make him a cake... seeing as he's made me coffee.
have a good afternoon, everyone.

Postby herbidacious » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:50 pm

dennispc wrote:... but need an image hosting site to post screen shots there.

What’s the one you use Gill? I don’t want to use Flickr as already have an account with them but don’t have the password. There’s Drop Box on the mac, but want something separate from Apple, despite being impressed with their support - all free.

Photobucket? Google photos?

I keep most of my photos on google photos in jpeg form as a back up. They are not shared except by invitation (because I put everything on there, rubbish or otherwise), but it looks like you can do this. It's in the options option of the drop down list accessed by clicking on the three little vertical dots in the top right hand corner.

Postby Badger's Mate » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:06 pm

Think we need to work out what we got right in the last Test

Winning the toss....

It's good to have cricket back on the proper telly though. I have been getting up around 7 and seeing most of the last two sessions. The next Test is a day/night game, the timings are a bit more reasonable but I'll probably have to miss the last session in order to get anything done in daylight. :D

Postby dennispc » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:00 pm

Thanks Herbi, I'll go for Photobucket.

Not sure what's connected with what, but also had problems with gmail and Nationwide credit card - on-line payment, they were checking every order by sending a one off code to my iphone, which didn't arrive.

Oh, and to top it off, the battery on iphone is described as 'severely degraded'.

However, I managed to get a walk in this morning, it's absolutely tipping it down now.

Postby Earthmaiden » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:53 pm

Oh dennicpc - what a ghastly time you're having with technology! I thought it was supposed to make our lives easier but when it's bad it's horrid.

Postby Sloe-Gin » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:14 pm

My Wellingtons looks a bit homespun, but they should be tasty! I shall let you know!! Maybe even pics on our Facebook group!!

I have cut a portion off a frozen Aldi dessert i bought in the hopes that we'd have family round for Christmas. We are tasting it just to make sure it'll be OK. You can never be too sure....

Our christmas champers continues to lead a charmed existance - maybe Easter?

Postby scullion » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:18 pm

Sloe-Gin wrote:My Wellingtons looks a bit homespun, but they should be tasty!

why did i think of charlie chaplin (the gold rush) rather than beef‽‽‽

Postby Sloe-Gin » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:37 pm

Pics on the Wildies FB group. I'm actually quite proud of my Wellies!!!

Postby herbidacious » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:12 pm

I can't see those. Who posted them (to help me find them)?

Postby Earthmaiden » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:47 pm

Herbi, I'll PM you ..

Next

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox