Register

Camp coffee?.....

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Camp coffee?.....

Postby cherrytree » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:04 pm

I always use Camp coffee for a coffee cake. A tip though. Don’t drop the bottle on the kitchen floor. It goes an awful long way and finds itself in the most unexpected places. I easily got a replacement in Carlisle Sainsbury’s. It came as has been said in a plastic bottle, and the picture on the front has been changed from its rather racist picture of the Indian Empire.

Postby Lokelani » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:05 pm

Coincidentally I bought a bottle last week to make Marry Berry's Hazelnut Dacquoise, as it has a coffee filling.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/haze ... oise_98875

It was a very mild creamy coffee flavour in that recipe, but yes I'd say it worked well.

For tiramisu etc. I keep a tin of Azera Espresso & make a very strong solution of that. It dissolves just as easily in cold as in hot liquid.

I used to buy Camp for making iced coffees as a real treat. So the bottle would live in the cupboard for ages ignored & then be re-used. Now I guess all preservatives have been taken out as it says refrigerate after opening & use within a set time!

I used to love Caramac, we bought a bar when I saw it a few years ago & it seemed far too sweet now. I remember Dad liking a mint cream bar or something like that, which I'm sure was Fry's. Also remember the Fry's Turkish Delight advert.

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:31 pm

I do wonder how you are supposed to take it to a camp if it needs refrigeration :lol:

I doubt it ever contained preservatives as such

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox