Register

New induction hob

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: New induction hob

Postby scullion » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:22 pm

i have two greenpan woks, one is suitable for the induction the other isn't (it's from the cheaper range so may be aluminium based) so it depends what it's made from. not all steel grades attract a magnet.
the base of my stainless steel steamer wouldn't attract a magnet although the sides do. i had to get another (which looked pretty much the same) which is induction compatible.

Postby Pampy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:53 pm

My stainless steel maslin pan wouldn't work on the induction hob either. I bought it from Lakeland and have noticed that on their website it now says that it's suitable for all hob types so they must have changed the composition of the base. https://www.lakeland.co.uk/14510/Stainl ... andle-8-5L

Postby Seatallan » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:42 pm

My maslin pan works too- I must have been lucky! Sadly, I have a fab 'on the hob' favourite casserole pan that doesn't work any more. However, the coming of the induction hob gave me a blinding excuse to purchase a whole set of new saucepans and frying pans, which made me very happy. :D
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby Pampy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:15 pm

Seatallan wrote:However, the coming of the induction hob gave me a blinding excuse to purchase a whole set of new saucepans and frying pans, which made me very happy. :D

Same here!

Postby Gillthepainter » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:12 pm

Same here, and I love 'em. Stainless steel.
I don't know if everyone else's are the same, but the handles don't get very hot on the induction hob, although the pan bit and lid does. Just me?
I can carry a molten soup to the table without oven gloves (but I don't).

That is an all singing appliance, Binky.
Have you turned the sound on or off?
Our new washing machine plays a jolly tune, & we've left it on. I quite like the appliances to make some sort of sound in the kitchen - so long as they don't go on all night.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox