Register

Chatterbox 2

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Chatterbox 2

Postby PatsyMFagan » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:57 pm

Gillthepainter wrote:Binky and Patsy.

Have a look at the resolution page which has those direct links too on the left. Item not as described & the buyer and I have agreed to cancel the transaction:
https://resolutioncentre.ebay.co.uk/

Or as I've said before, open up a chat with an Ebay representative and they will do it for you. Automated responses first as usual, but you then get a live person

On the contact us page.

I have managed to access the link you sent Gill .... I will await a response from the seller ... :crossed :crossed :crossed

Postby Stokey Sue » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:09 pm

ZeroCook is spot on though with having to learn to do something you want to do, not trying to learn in a general way,, I used to say that a lot when I taught very, very basic programming skills at work, before passing those so inclined onto the proper experts

You can learn to send an email today
Then tomorrow you can learn to file an email correspondence in a folder
And next month you can learn how to back up that folder

You didn't learn to drive in one lesson, and at least you are unlikely to hurt anyone if you choose the wrong menu on a device!

Postby Seatallan » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:48 am

Binky wrote:It's actually quite telling that the ones who have or have developed confidence using computers/iPads/laptops/mobiles have some technical background. I am full of admiration for your talent (and willingness to patiently explain to others).

To people like me, it's like learning a foreign language. "Check your dashboard for the zog, and then pringle the oompah. Don't forget to dwing your zumbles" Reading manuals with paragraphs like that make my eyes glaze over as I've lost the thread after a few sentences.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby Gillthepainter » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:41 pm

Glad to hear it, Patsy.
It's a waiting game - 7 days is it? If they've deleted their account, you'll just get a refund I'm pretty confident.

On the techie side, I really cannot see much that is new.
I can link my mobile to my pc I suppose (but I can do this stuff like texting and phoning direct from my mobile anyway).
I do my regular things = email, internet, files, documents and pictures.
Can't see much else it does.

Any new capabilities in the last 4 years I've missed?

Postby Stokey Sue » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:57 pm

The big advantage of an iPad to me, and to many other people, is that it’s more portable than a laptop but much easier to read than a mobile phone, no tech advantage if you have those except perhaps reading digital media, it’s a lot easier to curl up with a tablet and a cuppa than with a laptop

And to repeat my top tip - if you are trying to read a lot of text on a screen that feels to small or too faint, try reverse colour, white characters on a black background, most people find it easier

Postby Gillthepainter » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:25 pm

My former laptop was the size of a small TV, Sue.
This one has released me from the chains.
A delight.

Also the plug in flash drive I use with it, it's only 3cms.
My 10 year old backup drive is as big as a toaster.

Postby jeral » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:32 pm

A photo on TV of the Hazzer and Meg interview with Oprah shows that once Harry joins in, he's seated to Megan's right. It's true that she is the main interviewee with Harry being the also ran, but it still struck me as odd that Megan wasn't seated to his right. Is that just me?

Is it obligatory viewing whether a royalist or republican? CBS tonight (Sunday) if you can receive it or ITV tomorrow at 9pm to 10.50pm. Phew that's a long time and probably mostly boring ;)

Or perhaps just watch the news highlights of what's said about The Firm? That will no doubt dominate all news for a while, so the government will be gleeful as it might keep the important schools' returning off the headlines and also allow any other things to be announced that they hope to keep slipping in under the radar.

Will you be glued to the box?

Postby Earthmaiden » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:24 pm

Not glued but will probably watch at some point so that I can form my own opinion rather than rely on that of the gutter press.

The whole thing is sad and unfortunate and could have been avoided IMO.

Postby jeral » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:01 pm

Follow the money? The pair has to maintain a high profile and public interest in order to get other lucrative engagements and of course benefactors for any good causes they choose to promote (and freebie favours).

I'm sure they can promote themselves and surely don't want to damage the royal connection, which is their most valuable asset. Hence maybe the worst they'll say about The Firm might already been trailed in 30 second teasers so the "revelations" if any are probably like to be media hyping up or milking it for all the money royal stories are notably worth to them.

Postby Pampy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:06 pm

I think they've already damaged the "royal connection" irreparably.

Postby WWordsworth » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:14 pm

I read somewhere that Harry is being the husband to Meghan that Charles never was to Diana.
There's probably some truth in it.
If the gutter press had behaved better they would possibly have stayed.

Postby Stokey Sue » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:18 pm

I would assume seating for a TV interview is arranged for the best lighting and camera angles, not for protocol

I think it's a shame that it all seems to mean Harry is no longer the figurehead of the Invictus games but beyond that I can't be fussed to have an opinion

Postby jeral » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:43 pm

Stokey Sue wrote:I would assume seating for a TV interview is arranged for the best lighting and camera angles, not for protocol.

Hadn't thought of that aspect.

WWordsworth wrote:...[clip]...
If the gutter press had behaved better they would possibly have stayed.

According to Megan, it was the implied or imposed restriction of having to keep quiet, look pretty and wave which she couldn't take. Maybe she'd hoped she'd have a platform to voice her opinions but didn't.

Broadsheets also attacked her or them and as to typical vitriol on social media... Surely if they want to be game changers as they clearly say they do they should have stayed and fought back to change that game, but chose to sidestep instead.

Postby mistakened » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:22 pm

Personally I think that it can be summed up as "ex Actress Wife of Former Army Officer Falls Out With In Laws

Postby Pepper Pig » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:51 pm

It deflects from Randy Andy. Which is very annoying.

No. I will not be watching.

Postby scullion » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:59 pm

jeral wrote:Surely if they want to be game changers as they clearly say they do they should have stayed and fought back to change that game, but chose to sidestep instead

i agree, in situations like that you can, really, only change things from the inside. sniping may only damage how people see them.
for a couple who wanted to be out of the limelight they are going about it in a funny way.

i doubt i'll see it. if it isn't on terrestrial then i won't - even if i wanted to although i bet we'll be forced to see snippets on the news -
and anyway, i bet they've never watched anything i've been in!

vive la république...

Postby jeral » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:43 pm

scullion, the interview airs on ITV tomorrow at 9pm. I'm a limited royalist, i.e. happy to stick with our Queen because of her universal gravitas but am not a fan of Charles. I dread to think of the current ambitious wanna be's wanting to rise to the to top, which would be president if a republic. The mind boggles.

Postby scullion » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:55 pm

i may just have to wash my hair at that time ...

Postby Amber » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:43 am

Isn’t the position traditional, so that he has his sword arm free?

Postby Stokey Sue » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:04 am

Does the sword arm thing apply when seated or only when walking?

If you are walking down the street then the gent goes on the traffic side of the lady doesn’t he?

Can’t say I’ve ever worried much about it ( and I tend to prefer a man walking or sitting to my right as my shoulder bag is on the left and it’s awkward to hold his arm on my left

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox