Register

Chatterbox 2

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Chatterbox 2

Postby scullion » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:20 am

i would rather be to the right of a man, i'm not a southpaw...
i'm also happy walking a short way behind a man - you never know when there could be landmines...

Postby Busybee » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:53 am

scullion wrote:i would rather be to the right of a man, i'm not a southpaw...
i'm also happy walking a short way behind a man - you never know when there could be landmines...

:lol: :lol:

BB

Postby WWordsworth » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:51 pm

you never know when there could be landmines...

Might be the odd lion lurking round the corner too.

Postby KeenCook2 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:33 pm

Stokey Sue wrote:
If you are walking down the street then the gent goes on the traffic side of the lady doesn’t he?

I heard that custom went back to the time when people used to empty their chamber pots out of the window onto the street so that the man got pelted, not the woman :lol:

Postby dennispc » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:37 pm

Checked this thread before going on my morning walk - scullion’s posts and mistakened’s description kept me chuckling all the way in lovely sunshine.

I’d prefer to be a citizen rather than a subject. An elected head of state would mostly involve one family, one dwelling etc., etc.

OH prefers me walking on her right, she’s left handed. Thus when walking through town in one direction, it’s her who gets the contents of the chamber pot being thrown, and in the other direction it’s me. Equality. :gonzo

Postby aero280 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:50 pm

I have always tried to remember to walk on the outside, but these days there's often only room for a single file between the garden wall and the car parked on the pavement. :( And now I walk much more slowly than OH, so she is always moving ahead. But that gives her time to chat to people she knows while I overtake and she catches up later!! :D

Postby Binky » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:02 pm

Will anyone be watching the interview tonight?

I saw a tiny bit on the CBS website and it was Harry speaking in an aggrieved tone "My family cut me off without any money" (all the while sitting in his £14million mansion and estate in California, and sitting on lucrative $$$$$$deals with Netflix).

Postby Earthmaiden » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:03 pm

I thought it was to prevent the woman's attire from being splashed with water and manure as horses and carriages trotted by.

Nothing worse than turning up for lunch in a pretty dress covered in manure ;).

Postby Stokey Sue » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:39 pm

Binky wrote:Will anyone be watching the interview tonight?

Very much no
I wouldn’t have bothered and I’ve been so bombarded with “news” about it I’m now really against watching it for myself

Earthmaiden wrote:I thought it was to prevent the woman's attire from being splashed with water and manure as horses and carriages trotted by.

Nothing worse than turning up for lunch in a pretty dress covered in manure ;).

That was my understanding too, I remember explaining to a member of the local history group not brought up here that even posh boots worn by posh people needed a boot scraper before coming into the house, so at the front door as well as the servants entrance

Postby Busybee » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:27 pm

I saw a tiny bit on the CBS website and it was Harry speaking in an aggrieved tone "My family cut me off without any money" (all the while sitting in his £14million mansion and estate in California, and sitting on lucrative $$$$$$deals with Netflix).

Absolutely not, I am adhering to their request for a private life and therefore will not breach their privacy by watching.

More importantly they have bumped Unforgotten which IMO is Unforgivable! :lol:

BB

Postby Binky » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:51 pm

You must tell me about Unforgotten. What is it about and on which channel?

If it's one of those squalid police dramas about the murder of some poor woman, we shan't be watching....

Postby Amyw » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:09 pm

Yeah it’s pretty much that , I think it’s really good though .

I’m very anti this whole interview . If you don’t want any press attention and hold the media partially responsible for ruining your life , then holding an interview with one of America’s most famous talk show hosts doesn’t really ring true

Postby Pampy » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:14 pm

Busybee wrote:

Absolutely not, I am adhering to their request for a private life and therefore will not breach their privacy by watching.

Completely agree, BB. I get the distinct feeling that their bleatings about wanting privacy are based on whether or not they get paid. And as for being cut off from the money tree - can't for the life of me understand why he thinks he should be financially supported when he's walked away from everything - and he was left about £10 million by his mother. I've read that Meghan whinged about their child not being a prince so wouldn't get security. She reckons it's because he's a mixed race child. Balderdash - it's because of a Letters Patent issued by George V in 1917! And a prince/princess doesn't automatically get security provided by the crown. To me, it really feels like she's playing the victim card.

Postby Busybee » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:22 pm

Binky wrote:You must tell me about Unforgotten. What is it about and on which channel?

If it's one of those squalid police dramas about the murder of some poor woman, we shan't be watching....

Binky, usually ITV Monday night 9pm. Previous series available on catch up. To be fair it’s not always a woman who has been murdered, it’s an equal opportunity for corpses programme.

Usually cold cases that get solved, stars Nicola Walker who is just brilliant and is as much about the relationship between the police officers as solving the crime.

BB

Postby Earthmaiden » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:37 pm

I enjoyed the previous series of Unforgotten too and have the latest ones recorded to watch. Not the usual run of the mill IMO.

Postby KeenCook2 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:36 pm

Yes, I agree with you. Nicola Walker is really excellent and she and her partner work very well together.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:19 pm

Busybee wrote:
Binky wrote:You must tell me about Unforgotten. What is it about and on which channel?

Binky, usually ITV Monday night 9pm. Previous series available on catch up. To be fair it’s not always a woman who has been murdered, it’s an equal opportunity for corpses programme.

Usually cold cases that get solved, stars Nicola Walker who is just brilliant and is as much about the relationship between the police officers as solving the crime.

BB

Binky, Busybee has just about got this in a nutshell ... I think Nicola Walker is a great actress, having taken on lots of different roles - Last Tango in Halifax, The Split - for instance. I hadn't realised tonight's episode was being postponed in favour of a Royal Soap Opera :twisted:

Postby slimpersoninside » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:36 pm

PatsyMFagan wrote:Binky, Busybee has just about got this in a nutshell ... I think Nicola Walker is a great actress, having taken on lots of different roles - Last Tango in Halifax, The Split - for instance. I hadn't realised tonight's episode was being postponed in favour of a Royal Soap Opera :twisted:

I know! :o Hubby is spitting feathers!

Postby dennispc » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:43 am

On the plus side we could watch History of Welsh Art instead. Excellent series. :thumbsup

Postby PatsyMFagan » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:44 am

dennispc wrote:On the plus side we could watch History of Welsh Art instead. Excellent series. :thumbsup

I caught up with Bloodlands and Throw Down .... so my time wasn't wasted ;) :thumbsup

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox