Register

Chatterbox 2

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Chatterbox 2

Postby Gillthepainter » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:33 pm

Great, innit.
And I'm pleased it's approved, Aero. I'd hate to suck back anything that's in my drain pipes :lol:

I'll be over to Dobbies in Cirencester as soon as I'm allowed!

let me know when.
I could conveniently be there at the same time perhaps, if it's permitted.

Postby Earthmaiden » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:27 pm

[quote="aero280"]Just checked and the Lakeland adaptor is WRAS approved,! :)

I would really expect that! You've reminded me of the basic water quality training for customer agents at the Water Company where one of the exhibits was one of those old fashioned rubber 'swishers' that fitted on the end of taps. it had been taken from the kitchen tap of an elderly lady who had complained about the quality of her water. It had obviously never been cleaned and was caked thickly with dirt, gunk and scale, it had to be seen to be believed. I have been quite careful about what is fitted to my taps since then!

I'll do that Gill! It'll be a while before I embark on such an exciting outing :lol:.

Postby Gillthepainter » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:39 pm

Yeah, and you've got to save up before you visit Dobbies.
It's not the cheapest, you know.

Postby Earthmaiden » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:02 pm

I hate Dobbies but it's the nearest Lakeland!

Postby aero280 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:04 pm

We had a case where the rubber nozzle was the cause of bad water taste. The inspector cut it open in front of the lady...

... and she fainted! :)

Postby Earthmaiden » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby Gillthepainter » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:20 pm

he he he.

Postby ZeroCook » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:50 pm

My bad Ebay buy was a washing machine cover described as "very durable" by the seller and had "heavy duty" on the packaging and looked ok in the photos and is not only neither but is a complete piece of utter junk crap - a 99p shop piece of rubbish. And I didn't pay 99p for it either which is why I'm annoyed - I got well and truly conned! That's the prob with getting that sort of stuff online - I'd have seen it was junk straight away in a shop but online it's very hard to tell sometimes. Oh well. Live n learn as OH says. :?

We have an extra sink retractable hose squirter thing to the side of the main mixer tap but I confess I've never actually used it! :lol: perhaps I should.

Postby Stokey Sue » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:14 pm

ZeroCook wrote:We have an extra sink retractable hose squirter thing to the side of the main mixer tap but I confess I've never actually used it! perhaps I should.

The reason I got the Tap Adapta was because that's what I'd actually wanted, relatives in continental Europe have them as a matter of course and I like them for all sorts of things

So I had That Conversation with the Great British Sales Person, you've all had it I'm sure - why do they do it? The one that goes
Me: Describes thing required
GBSP: No such thing
Me: My cousin has one
GBSP: They aren't worth the bother, no use
Me: My cousin has one, this family likes them a lot
GBSP: Well we don't sell them anyway (he obviously knew what I wanted from the outset)

At the time I gave up, they were actually quite hard to get hold of at the time in London and I couldn't hold up the installation of an entire kitchen for a hose. Grrr...

Postby Pampy » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:10 am

The tap that I have now has a retractable hose - I find it very useful.

Postby Gillthepainter » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:51 am

Yeah, live and learn.
Not the end of the world. That's ebay for you.

I did see the hose ones too, but my second sink is 1/2 size.
This adapta gives excellent coverage. I'm very pleased with it too.
Let us know how you get on with the hose one, Zero. It might change your day.

Those conversations seem to happen before you know it, Sue.
You rehearse them afterwards and wonder why on earth it took hold.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:57 am

Gillthepainter wrote:Yeah, live and learn.
Not the end of the world. That's ebay for you.

Did you not get a full refund Gill ? I quoted 'unfit for purpose' as my reason for requesting a partial refund and eBay overrode the rude seller.

Postby Gillthepainter » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:10 pm

Patsy I was replying to Zero's recent rubbish purchase.
I've never been let down by Ebay's return policy, which is why I confidently recommended how you contact Ebay to you and Binkiness.
And even as a non-habitual seller, twice, I've just made a full refund to 2 people who had a good old moan.

It was easier than mucking around with them. I immediately gave them their money back and told them to keep the item.
And I sell with a view I can take the loss on occasion, to maintain my sanity. If I cannot afford to lose it, I won't sell it on Ebay.
I do still recommend that people sell on Ebay (carefully) - it is a great platform. But not perfect.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:21 pm

Sorry Gill .. I knew there was someone else who had an issue with an eBay purchase ...

Using the link (you?) sent certainly worked for me.

I am currently the highest bidder for 4 dining chairs as those I originally bought along with my table are soooooo heavy, I really hate them - don't know why I've put up with them for so long :roll:

Postby Gillthepainter » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:36 pm

oooo, good luck.
We bought our antique pine table from Ebay. And had to get it here from Cambridge, which cost a bit on top of the auction price, but was worth it.
It was still a cheap purchase.

Tony's tired of our Victorian walnut furniture pieces.
And I'm trying to decide whether to try to sell them, or paint them with Annie Sloan paint.

what are your chairs like?

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:51 pm

look at eBay item 303919409354..

If that doesn't work, they are described as beech breton dining chairs with rush seat ... The bidding ends in a couple of hours and at the moment my bid of £10.50 is the highest (I did put a maximum bid of £40 in ). They are at High Wycombe, just up the road from my sister who will collect for me..

Postby scullion » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:57 pm

nice, good luck.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:23 pm

Lost it .... my fault as I was confident that my top bid would win ... no activity until the last minute and I was messaging someone else :cry: :roll: :twisted:

Edited to add I have found some more .. not the same, but better than what I've got .. got to wait 8 days, but there seems plenty on there and you can specify a search within a chosen radius of home :thumbsup

Postby Gillthepainter » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:42 pm

I really like that style, especially in the beech.
As you say, quite a few around seemingly, so you should get your seats. Good luck again on your chosen item in 8 days.

Postby ZeroCook » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:45 pm

Better luck next time Patsy. I'm a last minute bidder - I usually wait until right at the end and put in an extra bid if I really want the item. That said I prefer buy it now/best offer items - auctions make people do silly things sometimes.

Friend put a foldout sofa on Ebay for a quid or two, collection only from London, to get rid of it to make room for a new one. Got one bid, she was hapoy, meant she didn't have to get it to the recycling centre. Buyer never showed up to collect. Her photo was not good and the sofa which had a slip cover looked bad and grungy so I offered to take some better shots for her, straightened the cover etc etc. Result was it sold for over £50 with multiple bids like Patsy's chairs.

My Ebay return case is pending until the 23rd when I can request them to step in. I've never had an issue with returns except once. This might be the second. I actually took the trouble to call the number on the package and the customer service person who agreed it wasn't heavy duty as the packaging says. Doesn't help me on Ebay tho.

Gill I think your sprayer thing looks pretty good. The retractable hose is built in and has never been used so don't know if it even works. Bit like the ice maker thing in the fridge freezer. Unhooked since bought - hoses might perish if left unused.

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox