Register

Wild about Chatter ... Vol. 4

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wild about Chatter ... Vol. 4

Postby scullion » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:00 pm

maybe it's time to get a big spit!

Postby scullion » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:10 pm

i've had my jab, no waiting/queuing and back in the car within 5 mins of having entered the building. there and back indoors in less than 20 mins.

Postby Gruney2 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:28 pm

5 days old. You'd need a heart of stonr not to be touched by this.

https://email.bt.com/mail/bin?csrf=U0lg ... alse%7D%7D

Postby Pepper Pig » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:31 pm

sorry Gruney. Dying to open it but can’t.

Postby scullion » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:35 pm

i can't open that, just a bunch of code.
if you have the photo on your phone, email it to yourself - it'll give you the choice of size to send. choose either medium or large. download it from your email to your desktop then go through the upload attachment thing.
if it's a full sized photo in an email you'll have to adjust the size before uploading.

Postby Gruney2 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:38 pm

Oh dear. Back to the drawing board - when I tap on the link, the video appears, so I had high hopes.

Postby scullion » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:58 pm

i think that may be because you have the clip on your computer and it's linking straight to it. not knowing how you'd show a video unless linking to a you tube, i can't help with that one - maybe gill or someone savvy with the workings of a php site can help you.
sorry.

Postby Stokey Sue » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:12 pm

Gruney2 wrote:5 days old. You'd need a heart of stonr not to be touched by this.

In order to link to a video it would need the video to be on an open, public, external site, if not YouTube then on one of the photo hosting websites that supports videos, then you could just send us to the site with a link.

Looking at the full link it seems it’s trying to access the video via your email which of course we can’t do.

Postby halfateabag » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:29 am

Happy Valentines day everyone, We were jabbed yesterday and it made me very tired and had a bit of a headache for the rest of the day, I kipped for 3 hours during the afternoon.

Whilst in town for the jab, visited Morrisons and bought (RTC) mussels in herb and tomato sauce, chicken with bacon and brie, chicken sweet and sour (x 2) and a couple of creme patisserie croissants so that is our romantic lunch sorted.

I shall be glad tomorrow when the temperatures rise, I am not enjoying this cold weather one bit.

Postby mistakened » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:02 am

Good Morning Campers. We had our Chinese Take Away, very bland, no evidence of ginger or garlic, we will not bother again. Interestingly Deb observed whilst picking up the bag that there were no oriental staff in evidence, neither in the kitchen or at the till.
Zosh, that looks like several lunches to me

Moira :mug:

Postby halfateabag » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:09 am

Moira, the ckx. brie and bacon will go in the DF the rest are single portions so we will share them to make a substantial lunch/dinner. Only a possible snack in the evening.

Hubb, sent me an online Valentines day card of cats !

The wind is blowing a hooley out there.

Postby icelesley » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:58 am

Good Morning campers. Happy Valentine's day. :wino Tonight we are having filo wrapped prawns with chilli dipping sauce then roast lamb steak, roast potatoes cauliflower and broccoli cheese and steamed carrots followed by fresh strawberries and cream washed down with a bottle of malbec :thumbsup

I had my covid jab yesterday, very organised I have to say. Three queues, one for each surgery. This time the queue around the building was for one of the other surgeries, my queue was only six people. We went in three at a time to check in, then a lady took us one at a time to have the jab. I had all he questions, then the jab, given an info sheet, out through the back door to a partially heated tent to sit for fifteen minutes then out to wait for OH to come and pick me up. I was in and out before my appointment time not including the fifteen minute sit that is. This morning I just have a sore stiff arm. Jobs a good one especially they say. :D

Postby WolfGirl » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:08 am

Good morning. :wave: Happy Valentine’s Day.

Thick grey cloud and I can see it is still very windy out there. Another wrap up day for our walk as long as it doesn’t rain. I do draw the line at that.

In the end yesterday I did all the prep for the marmalade and the two hour simmer. Today I will finish it all off. This means I’ve managed to have two industrious days instead of one. Every little helps!!

We have had a Rick Stein box delivered so that is our Valentine treat for this evening.

Have a good day.

Postby Pepper Pig » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:15 am

Oooh. I’ve been eyeing those up WG. Let us know what it’s like please.

Postby Earthmaiden » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:38 am

Morning all! :wave. No frost and some rain due. Hope the freezing weather doesn't return.

Hope all the newly jabbed people feel ok today and that all the romantics enjoy their day! :cocktail: :cocktail:.

I'm going to catch up with Andrew Marr then do some Dolly dress sewing (didn't get round to it yesterday but did get the sewing machine out from the depths of the cupboard under the stairs. It is a hand operated one my grandmother had in 1918 and still going strong. I never mastered an electric one after putting my foot too hard on the pedal at school :o).

Sounds as though the pups are doing well Gruney :bounce:.

Postby Earthmaiden » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:51 am

GD has received a red rose from a boy in her class at school. They are 5 years old :o :o.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:04 pm

Earthmaiden wrote:................then do some Dolly dress sewing (didn't get round to it yesterday but did get the sewing machine out from the depths of the cupboard under the stairs. It is a hand operated one my grandmother had in 1918 and still going strong. I never mastered an electric one after putting my foot too hard on the pedal at school :o).

Em, I have used an electric sewing machine ever since my mum converted her treadle Singer with a motor .. I then bought my own when I lived in Hong Kong ... I found the secret to best control over the pedal is to take your shoe off. I then just use my big toe ..... ;)

Postby Stokey Sue » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:08 pm

Good morning

I am definitely having something of a vaccine reaction, but it’s more likely if you already have antibodies - sore arm, feel a bit feverish and headachy, no appetite. I measured my temperature and it’s up a degree from my usual but not actually a fever

Paracetamol and sofa I think should sort it out

Having had the invitation via text from my GP on Tuesday 11th, had the jab on Friday 12th I got the NHS national invitation on Saturday 13th, but I noticed it was actually dated Friday 5th

Postby icelesley » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:20 pm

By the heck its windy here at the moment and currently -5C but feels like -10C :roll: Oh well, we have a heatwave coming next week apparently :shock: Frankie is cuddled up to the radiator keeping warm, even her bone won't tempt her outside. :lol:

Postby ChinchillaLady » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:39 pm

Morning All

Amongst all the Birthday calls yesterday was one containing an extra present, called for my jab on Wednesday afternoon at our local centre.

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox