Register

Wild about Chatter ... Vol. 4

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wild about Chatter ... Vol. 4

Postby Suffs » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:44 pm

Good morning all :D :mug:

Much excitement here ... I had a jab booked for 1st March but I had a phone call this morning offering me a jab at the hospital at 12 noon tomorrow, so have accepted that and cancelled the one at the big centre. :limbobanana

Gruney ... sorry we cant see the pic, but we're definitely 'sharing your excitement' :D

Looking forward to the heatwave Ice :thumbsup :lol:

Now I'd better prep our supper ... roast shoulder of lamb, roast potatoes, cauliflower and roasted squash ... the last of the Uchiki kuri winter squash that we grew last supper ... OH's special request.

Oooh you snuck in there Chinch ... that's great news! :clap

Postby Suffs » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:46 pm

Oooh, and now we have reached 100 pages ... I'll start Volume 5 ... see you there ... :wave:

Here it is viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4915

Postby Cheezy_Jazzy » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:49 pm

Morning all :wave:

Belated Happy Birthday wishes Chinch.

Looking forward to seeing the new puppy Gruney.

Postby liketocook » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:27 pm

Good morning everyone,
What a shame your takeaway didn't hit the flavour spot Moira, the Chinese takeaways round here are closed for the New Year just now but in main all sell varying degrees of sweet and far too salty sameness. I'm enjoying the fact that my son is working his way through the Fuschia Dunlop books. :D
Our attempt at replicating the hotel's burger worked very well though it was fair to say far more rustic in appearance but tasted fab :yum . In the end I didn't make the carrot ant apple salad as the yoghurt for the dressing was a tad elderly, fine for cooking with but that's about it. Instead we had a simple green salad.
We had quite a lot of (for here) snow fall yesterday afternoon a good 5cm or so. It's turned to wind and rain now though it doesn't feel any warmer.
Roast chicken for dinner tonight. :yum

Postby icelesley » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:04 am

Good Morning campers. Good luck with the jab chinch :thumbsup I hope you don't get a reaction. I just had a sore arm yesterday (the day after the jab) today is ok, not even a mark on my arm. :D

The wind has stopped the snow and frost has all gone, but it's raining. At least the temperature has risen slightly.

Today is washing day, :( need I say more :roll:

Postby KeenCook2 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:00 pm

Morning icey, just to say if you haven't seen us over there, we're now on vol 5 ...

see you there :thumbsup

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox