Register

instant pot

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: instant pot

Postby jeral » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:33 pm

Gillthepainter wrote:Yes, I'll stick to the chips which work extremely well.

The very first halogen I bought was about 20(?) years ago from QVC and was extremely wide but only about 8" deep so very futuristic 8-) I decided it was worth the money (a lot at the time) just for the fantastic chips it made.

Is it a bridge too far to promote such mini things as all singing all dancing when really are better suited to a primary purpose?

<-That excludes greasy steam from single purpose deep fryers which arguably aren't fit for purpose without a decent filter IMO as why use/waste a ton of oil if you still get a greasy kitchen?

Sorry, a bit off topic for IPs.

Postby Renee » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:04 pm

No I couldn't clear it out Gill, because I wouldn't have anywhere to put the jackets etc. because my wardrobes are already full. :oops: Also my vacuum cleaner. I live in a small two bedroom bungalow. I manage though.

I do love my Tower halogen and would buy it again if anything happened to it. I use it every morning for toasting nuts for my yoghurt and fruit breakfast. Also for any grilling that I need to do. I also use it as a small oven.

Postby Gillthepainter » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:21 pm

I feel the same about my combi microwave that gets a battering as soon as I get up.
First thing at about 6am or so, I use it to warm my decaf cappuccino almond milk.
My coffee machine has an integral milk frother, but it's far easier to ping it in the microwave.

Postby Rainbow » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:56 am

Gillthepainter wrote:My coffee machine has an integral milk frother, but it's far easier to ping it in the microwave.

That's exactly what we do, too. The Frother seems a real pain, and I don't really want the bubbles, just the heat!!

Postby Stokey Sue » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:53 am

My coffee machine dispenses hot water, but if I want hot water to adjust an Americano, I use the kettle, rather than mess around refilling the water tank!

Postby Gillthepainter » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:02 am

No, I'm not fussed about the bubbles either.

For hot water, my coffee machine dispenses it, we have a one cup machine for when we make tea, and we have a kettle.
Overkill really, but we have quite a lot of counter space and plugs, phew.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox