Register

Alternative to bread or toast

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Alternative to bread or toast

Postby Gillthepainter » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:56 pm

Oh, they do sound great. Thanks KC2 for finding the recipe for'us :thumbsup

Postby Amyw » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:31 pm

Sweet potato toast was quite in fashion a while back I’m not convinced myself how well it would go but might be worth giving it a shot ?

Postby jeral » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:28 am

Hope wrote:
jeral wrote:What are lentil cakes please?

they are like rice cakes, only made with lentils. I don't make them. thes: https://www.kallo.com/things-we-make/pr ... ed-lentil/

The recipe you posted looks like it'd be a bit rough on the stomach if yours is sensitive (personally I wouldn't try that - I can't eat gram flour either).

[my bold]

Sorry to be a nuisance, but the recipe I posted was two ingredients, ground lentils and water. How would that be rough on the stomach? Do you mean because the lentils aren't mixed with other flours etc as the Kallo ones are?

KeenCook2, thanks from me also re chickpea flatbreads :)

Postby Hope » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:10 pm

jeral wrote:
Sorry to be a nuisance, but the recipe I posted was two ingredients, ground lentils and water. How would that be rough on the stomach? Do you mean because the lentils aren't mixed with other flours etc as the Kallo ones are?

I've heard things like that are hard to digest. I think because they've not been soaked and boiled, or because they aren't finely ground. won't be as fine as the flour used in kallo ones. I know I can't eat proper falafel because the chickpeas in that haven't been boiled. Ditto gram flour. Just playing safe knowing how sensitive my stomach is and how dodgy my health is!

Postby jeral » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:58 pm

Ah I see, Hope, and do understand your need to be cautious. It's good that you found the Kallo lentil cakes that sit well with you.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox