Register

Cheese subscription

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Cheese subscription

Postby jeral » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:37 pm

Oh 'eck, that sounds ominous. If that is the case, we'd better all start ordering plenteous amounts of cheese to revitalise us in these dark times, well they will be when the clocks go back on Sunday. (Edit PS: must remember to change my time setting via User Control Panel > Board Preferences.)

It'd be good if someone did a selection box of a dozen small samples initially and at half price then let you choose what you wanted in your box each month. The logistics ongoing would be horrendous though so it's rather unlikely.

Postby Suffs » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Anyone really really keen on cheese ... or know anyone else who is ... and is looking for a new enterprise

https://www.edp24.co.uk/business/farmin ... -1-6937723

Postby herbidacious » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:25 pm

I hope someone takes her up on that, Suffs. I like making cheese but I am not that good at it, I supsect. (nor have the nergery to stand over things.)

I am thinking about ordering cheese for Christmas. If I could only have a few food things for Christmas (if Christmas armageddon were to happen: no delivery slots, supermarkets packed and running out of things) cheese would be at the top of my list.
Wondering who to order from. In the past I have done Wilde's but would rather like a conventional selection, I think. Normally I'd go to cheese shops and Borough Market.

Postby smitch » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:57 pm

Have a look on the Borough website, you may be able to order for home delivery. I’ve got a few bits coming this week.

I got my Christmas cheese ordered a while ago from the Cheese Shed. I’m looking forward to it.

Postby herbidacious » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:33 am

I just ordered a few bits and bobs from Hartington cheese shop in Derbyshire to come on the 17th, but may, at the risk of buying too much (it happens and only two of us) get a few more bits. Was really tempted to askk for the Hartington order to eat now!
Borough was my go-to place for Comte. But it was the whole experience really. Two stops on the train from work and a nice treat thing to do on an afternoon off. Could take time off and get husband to drive, but not sure I fancy the throng of a market. I think it would detract from the pleasure.
Fun that you can buy thingks of different Borough stalls online. I am tempted. Very expensive though. I guess when I went in person I didn't keep such a close eye on what I was spending :o
Thanks for pointing the Borough things out, Smitch.
I am particularly tempted by this:

https://www.blackwoodscheesecompany.co. ... nd-truffle

Neal's Yard will deliver too. They also do a sub. (I am sure someone has already said this.)

Postby Pepper Pig » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:16 am

There are a few really nice cheeses from this firm.

https://www.shepherdspurse.co.uk/

I particularly like Harrogate Blue. Waitrose sometimes has it as does one of our Farmers Markets.

Postby Busybee » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:59 pm

Pepper Pig wrote:There are a few really nice cheeses from this firm.

https://www.shepherdspurse.co.uk/

I particularly like Harrogate Blue. Waitrose sometimes has it as does one of our Farmers Markets.

That’s our local cheese producer, Blumin White is my favourite. OH likes all their products.

BB

Postby aero280 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:49 pm

I must speak to my friend. He lives right at the end of the lane, beyond Shepherds Purse. I’m sure he buys them as they are neighbours.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox