Register

Wild about Chatter Vol. 2

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wild about Chatter Vol. 2

Postby Earthmaiden » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:37 am

Morning all! :wave. Just read a horrible weather forecast which says the temperature is due to drop considerably by the end of the week with all that can bring :(.

I'm quite good at doing nothing, or at least what I want to do but always with a huge sense of guilt when there is always so much that should be done. I was brought up with a very strict ethic of 'work first, play afterwards' but much prefer the other way round.

The sun's peeping through. Better get dressed.

Postby Suffs » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:46 am

Good morning all :D :mug:

Who knows about the night sky? Could it have been Mars shining in our westfacing window at 2am this morning?

It’s overcast and breezy here this morning. A quick dash around the house with a sponge and a duster is forecast and then some time in the studio is the plan ... supper is an easy one today, cold roast chicken with homemade chutney, salad and jacket potatoes do not a lot to do there, although I will put the chicken carcass on the hob to make a stock for tomorrow’s chicken and leek pie. I like to get the day’s jobs (especially food prep) done first, that way if anything else occurs we still have supper organised.

Postby smitch » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:08 am

Morning all.

Sad day today, we have a vet appointment for one of the rats at 5.30 and it is likely to be her last :cry: Norah had a large malignant lump removed over the summer. She recovered well but last night I found loads of nasty looking scabby lumps on her side and on one of her nipples. They smell bad too. She is old now and her back legs are starting to go so we’re agreed it is her time. She certainly isn’t fit for surgery and I don’t think antibiotics are the answer.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:09 am

Awwww :newhuggy :newhuggy :newhuggy :cry:

Postby Kacey » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:13 am

Sorry to hear that Smitch. Take care of yourself.

There seems to be a hell of a lot of bad news around just lately, or does it just feel like that due to what's going on in the world?

Postby WolfGirl » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:17 am

Good morning.
It’s lovely sunshine here but I can see thick cloud building up. Not seen a forecast yet so unsure how the day will pan out. I’ll have a quick trip to Morrison’s as I forgot tea bags last week and will definitely run out before I do my big shop later in the week. Oh, and I might possibly buy some more wine on offer. :lol:
Icey, your house is going to look so good for Christmas. Good luck with the kitchen renovations as it’s the most disruptive of all home improvements.
Have a good day everyone.
Smitch, sorry to hear your news. Be gentle to yourself today.

Postby scullion » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:54 am

good morning, all.
the sun is trying to peek through. no rain is forecast. off to the beach at eleven.
according to my phone i took two steps in total, yesterday. i was going to say that i'm an expert at doing nothing but i really did do more than that, honest - if that was true i would've had to have been carried to the loo!
a hug and sympathy from me, too, smitch.
with all of this talk of renovation going on, i might feel the need to paint the inside of the airing cupboard...
have a good day, everyone.

Postby aero280 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:25 pm

The last two days have been a bit wasted. We had a new computer delivered on Thursday. I linked it to the old one and set the transfer software going and it seemed to hang. I started it again on Saturday and realised the transfer was going to take a while. It did. 29 hours!! :o

So we have not had a usable desktop computer for effectively 2 days. It wouldn’t have been so disruptive if I had had something else to do, but all the pending jobs are outdoors and the weather was not good.

Today I may resort to some cooking. At least some bread. Maybe some biscuits. There’s also a cauliflower to deal with. Perhaps another cauliflower cheese.

Postby liketocook » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:44 pm

Good morning everyone,
Smitch :newhuggy :newhuggy
I think it will be a "do nothing/very little" day for me as I have a Meniere's flare up and I'm very unsteady on my feet. :( Hopefully meds, rest and a little gentle pottering to re-balance will settle things back down. Lots still do to do in the kitchen but it's not going anywhere....

Postby Earthmaiden » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:53 pm

Suffs wrote: A quick dash around the house with a sponge and a duster is forecast and then some time in the studio is the plan ...

This is where I fall down. It's the way things should be done but I'd be more likely to go straight to the studio thinking I really will get the duster out later ...... ha!

Oh dear Smitch, I'm so sorry. It's good to think that all your animals have the best love and care through their lives :newhuggy.

Crikey, aero. Could it be time for a declutter? :lol:.

The plumber's starting tomorrow! Time for a quick clean up then I'd better go to Sainsburys to take up the Nectar offer mentioned the other day. I hope there aren't too many people there :roll:.

ltc - :newhuggy. What a shame. Take it nice and easy- you're well on the way to having everything in shape before too long!

Postby Cheezy_Jazzy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:01 pm

Morning all :wave:

It seems quite windy outside but at least the sun is out. I am on holiday this week and have a few jobs to do. Top of the list is Christmas present wrapping and card writing. I just need to get something else for eldest niece and that is my present shopping done!

A quick trip to the shops first as I have no bread.

Postby Suffs » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Hmmm ... I found some more 'Must Dos' ... I'd forgotten that we had pears to pickle to be ready for C'mas cold cuts etc ... they're in their jars now ... and then I found that the butternut squash OH bought last week had a big soft spot that he'd not noticed, so that's been peeled, chunked, slathered in olive oil and is roasting ... we'll freeze it to be used later ... and then of course, having deconstructed yesterday's roast chicken the carcass had to go into the stock pot to make stock for tomorrow's pie and soup for later ... but that's all done now, and there's a load of washing in the machine and another one waiting ... OH did the bathroom and I've done downstairs so just a quick :mug: then I'll be heading for the studio ... :thumbsup

:wave: And a HEADS UP!!! We're on Page 99 of WAC 2 so I'll be starting Vol 3 very soon .... keep your eyes open ............ :shock: :lol:

Postby Stokey Sue » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:57 pm

Good morning
I will have achieved nothing this morning but then I was asleep for most of it

I try to do work first play after but at this time of year so many activities are dependent on weather or daylight that tends to dictate the order of play and after outdoor activity I’m often quite tired so plans get changed

Sorry to hear about Norah smitch

Trying to think of something to have for brunch, as obviously I’ve had no breakfast. Will involve eggs I think

Postby KeenCook2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:01 pm

Hello everyone, definitely a chill in the air already, even before the cold weather forecast for later in the week although the sun is trying to shine.
Smitch :newhuggy
LTC so sorry you're feeling under the weather today :newhuggy to you too.
Good news, ice :thumbsup I'm afraid my OH is not quite as useful as yours :lol:

Fingers crossed we may get to see eldest DS and partner around Christmas time. They're planning to come to London from Barcelona to do some filming at a hospital (I think the Whittington) in December, and it'll probably finish around the 19th. So, covid tests/quarantine/whatever the situation is then permitting ... is it too much to hope for .... :D

Did anyone see Steve McQueen's film last night? We did, and I was absolutely glued. Also, OH lived on Ladbroke Grove for years.
Saw a very interesting interview Steve McQueen did with Mary Beard afterwards on iPlayer.

Have a good day, everyone.

Postby KeenCook2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:10 pm

Suffs, what's WAC2?? :oops: :oops:

Postby Pepper Pig » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:15 pm

This thread KC2. Wild About Chatter 2. :limbobanana

Postby Suffs » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Oh Smitch, I'm sorry I missed your sad news ... sending hugs :newhuggy

KC2 .... now you know 8-)

Postby KeenCook2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:23 pm

:oops: :oops: :D :D

Postby Pampy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:26 pm

So sorry to hear about Norah, Smitch. Sounds like you're doing the very best for her and try to take some comfort that she's had a wonderful (and probably very spoilt) life with you. Will be thinking of you at 5.30 :newhuggy :newhuggy

Postby mistakened » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:52 pm

Sorry to read about Norah, Smitch.

Confusion reigns here as to where we may go. My Wednesday group has been cancelled, I was going to turn off for Pissouri early to avoid the road block, a little local knowledge being useful. Half hour delays are being reported by people wishing to go to Nicosia, a number of people living in Eastern Limassol district work in Nicosia.
There was actually parking space outside the bank and pharmacy this morning, usually it is double parked. There were only two cars in the unofficial parking place under the Main Highway bridge, I think that one of the drivers was actually tending the little shrine down there.

Moira

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox