Register

The perfect cuppa

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: The perfect cuppa

Postby PatsyMFagan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:35 pm

I have seen those teapots used in a local pub where us Fitsteps girls go to after our Wednesday morning class. Those that choose a tea, usually have the devil's own job pouring it without it spilling over the lid and (iircc) the infuser still stops way short of the amount of water needed for just one cup ... :( sorry if I seem sceptical.

Postby smitch » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:55 pm

I have the one cup size, it fills a mug. The infuser goes almost to the bottom of the pot and I don’t put that much tea inside as I don’t like strong tea.

If the pot is overfilled it can spill a bit but otherwise I don’t have an issue.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:57 pm

smitch wrote:I have the one cup size, it fills a mug. The infuser goes almost to the bottom of the pot and I don’t put that much tea inside as I don’t like strong tea.

If the pot is overfilled it can spill a bit but otherwise I don’t have an issue.

thanks for that Smitch - is that the 13oz one ? Not sure I would pay that much for a teapot though, but it seems you may have solved the problem of spillage ... I think the pots come filled to the brim ;)

Postby smitch » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:40 pm

Yes it is the 13 oz size. It was a Christmas present.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:26 pm

:thumbsup

Postby northleedsbhoy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:34 am

I much prefer tea to coffee although I have my one and only coffee at about this time in the morning (6.30). I make tea in a mug using a PG Tips teabag and like it strong with just a dash of milk - the proverbial builders tea. The only other type of tea I drink other than the propriety brands is Green Tea after a Chinese meal.

Cheers
NLB :thumbsup

Postby Pampy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:15 pm

I like Earl Grey and - horror of horrors - use tea bags as well as putting milk in it! :shock: I like it strong but with a reasonable amount of milk. My favourite is Booths own brand. I also like jasmine tea, especially, like NLB, after a Chinese meal.
My morning cuppa is instant coffee though - I'm rarely awake enough to make anything better. In the afternoon, I often have Lavazza espresso - my favourite after first being introduced to "proper" coffee when I lived in Italy.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox