Register

Wild about Chatter

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Wild about Chatter

Postby Lusciouslush » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:31 pm

Cherry clafoutis.......... :yum

Postby smitch » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:29 pm

Pampy wrote:The very hot weather is bypassing East Lancashire - thank goodness!

Same here in Tameside/Saddleworth. Very muggy but not particularly sunny and we've had some rain.

Postby Pepper Pig » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:35 pm

Is hell in Harrow .

Postby Seatallan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:44 pm

It's just about perfect here. Low 20s with sunny intervals and a bit of a breeze. Went for rather a long fell walk as conditions spot on. Out for a swift pint in the not too distant.... :D

EM, glad all OK with the doc. Smitch, will keep all crossed for no stitch-removing antics. PP, hope you can find a bit of coolth somewhere....

Have a very happy Friday evening all!
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby KeenCook2 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Pepper Pig wrote:Is hell in Harrow .

Is hell in Hammersmith too

Postby aero280 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:45 pm

Just been out to put the painting stuff back in the shed, and it's a lot hotter outside than in. It's gonevery grey and heavy. I would say we are in for a thunderstorm, but all the forecasts say it's going to stay dry.

Postby Earthmaiden » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:06 pm

It's got cooler here since the sun all but disappeared. A rainstorm would be nice to clear the air but its only 23 degrees in my sitting room.

Those eligible for flu jabs might like to know that I went into our small Boots today and they are taking bookings for jabs to be done from Sept 16th. I assume other pharmacies will be doing the same and as it'll be busy this year its worth getting an early appointment.

Postby herbidacious » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:50 pm

Hell in Harrow sounds like a newspaper headline. Ditto Hell in Hammersmith :)

It became rather overcast here, so very muggy.

re flu jabs and eligibility, didn't they say everyone over 50 this year? :shock: Noramlyl I don;t seem to get round to it, but I shall do my best this year.

Postby Stokey Sue » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:52 pm

KeenCook2 wrote:
Pepper Pig wrote:Is hell in Harrow .

Is hell in Hammersmith too

Hades in Hackney :twisted:

Postby Uschi » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:12 pm

Hell in Hammersmith and the Devil is loose (Germanism) at Devil's Lake in Potsdam.

It seems that lots of people were enjoying themselves on the shores of the Teufelssee (Devil's Lake) near Potsdam, and this being Germany, not everyone was fully dressed.
A boar with her young in tow grabbed a plastic bag lying on the ground and ran off with it, hoping for tasty morsels. She had not banked on the owner giving chase ... the bag contained his laptop ... and he was starkers.

Well, his Devil-may-care attitude paid off, he got his laptop back, but he was jolly lucky, boars can get vicious, especially mothers where their babies are concerned.

Postby Earthmaiden » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:25 pm

It always amuses me that naturists seem to look like that rather than being more appealing to the eye (not that I've seen many).

Postby Uschi » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:53 pm

They come in all shapes and sizes, old and young. Germany, especially East Germany has quite a few of them and they are like everyone else, some good-looking, some less.

Postby Suffs » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:16 pm

Yay! the oven has a new element and is back in working order. OH is happy ...he can have home made pizza tomorrow

Postby KeenCook2 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:36 pm

Suffs wrote:Yay! the oven has a new element and is back in working order. OH is happy ...he can have home made pizza tomorrow

:limbobanana :limbobanana :limbobanana :limbobanana

Postby aero280 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:56 pm

I had a slightly embarrassing encounter with German naturism. We went to the Island of Rügen in the Baltic to see the 5km long German holiday camp building at Prora. It's the sort of thing that engineers do...

The building runs along the back of the beach in a long curve. I tried to get a photograph from one end to the other, but it was impossible due to the number of trees and the sand dune that had become established since the building was left unfinished in 1938. But I persevered. I found the best shot was over the dune, just skimming the top of the dunes. I took the photo. Then I stopped and looked around and found that I was standing, fully clothed, camera in hand, on a nudist beach!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Postby Uschi » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:04 pm

Will, I am sure they realised you only had eyes for the building. Engineers salivating over some prime example of their craft have a distinctly different air than leechers. :D

It is not just nudist beaches where people strip ... go into a sauna with bathing attire over and people will give you funny looks.

Postby Stokey Sue » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:35 am

It’s after midnight and the outside temperature is 25C

The police just came and told the party in the house over the road to stop, which they did at once, though a few are hanging round chatting on street corners (not a noise issue)
ETA aha, the chattering turns out to have mainly been 2 girls waiting for a car to collect them. Reasonable.

The odd thing is that’s a cute little house, I don’t think the whole of the ground floor is much bigger than this room and there’s no garden, just a yard the size of the average bathroom.
So why cram a party into it in this heat? Even if you aren’t social distancing which obviously they weren’t

Postby mistakened » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:45 am

Good Morning Campers, it is sweltering in Souni, 30 C at 8 45 am and will be for another month :roll: But I will have my washing, at present in the machine ironed by 11 00 am..
We did not eat all the pineapple, that is the sort of problem that is easily solved.

Moira :mug:

Postby Earthmaiden » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:15 am

Morning all! :wave.

I don't think heat and crowded rooms are so unpleasant when one is a little younger than us, Sue :)

No surprises that it's a lovely sunny day. Enjoying the breeze coming in in my west facing room while I can. The car seat is in situ. GD is coming today. We are going to drive to 'other granny's' after lunch and go out somewhere. Desperately trying to think of cool, shady places to choose from that won't be crowded. I should think the coast will be hell today, DS said the traffic along the south coast was pretty awful by lunchtime yesterday, he delivers to all the places in the Chichester harbour area which have one road in and out.

Enjoy your pizza, Suffs!

Hope the day goes well for all.

Postby icelesley » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:24 am

Good Morning campers. Yesterday started warm and sunny then clouded over and looked l like rain was on the way then suddenly the Sun returned and the temperature reached 29c :o and stayed like that well into the evening, a very sticky uncomfortable night followed. This morning is cooler and overcast at the moment.

Weigh in morning today I have lost another 1 1/2lb so a total of 11 1/2lbs :limbobanana :limbobanana :limbobanana

My kitchen is finalised and will be started 23rd November :crossed :thumbsup

PreviousNext

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox