Register

The Corona Stone

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: The Corona Stone

Postby dennispc » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:08 am

I’m fortunate that it’s rare for me to need a snack - something to do with the war no doubt.

When lockdown began I decided not to have any processed sugar products, so no biscuits, cakes, chocolate. OH started baking at the start, but she joined me and has lost weight.

We did have a go at 5:2 but OH struggled, in the hot weather I do 16:8 - only eat during an eight hour period. As we eat at six pm it’s not that difficult, but do need more food in what I consider colder weather - like now!

I’ve dropped a stone, which is certainly good for my blood pressure. Less potatoes might have helped as well aand cut down on bread - again when it’s hot.

The older I get the more difficult it is to lose weight.

I agree that muscle atrophy is a problem. Mostly I walk each day, but that’s only about half an hour. There aren’t many places we can drive to, that enables us to physically distance ourselves. Although housework helps it’s not the same as all the little movements we make when shopping for food, getting in and out of the car and so on.

Jeral, I've long accepted that gravity wins the day, why it doesn't continue southwards from the waist I've no idea. :D

Re: The Corona Stone

Postby Pepper Pig » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:46 pm

Jenni Murray has a lot to say on weight loss.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... -me-misery

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox