Register

Suggestion Box

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby Pepper Pig » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:22 pm

Thank you Sakkarin!

Postby mistakened » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:49 pm

Thanks for returning the coffee mug :cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail:

Moira

Postby jeral » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:22 pm

I notice that a fair few of Wildies campsite posts refer to gardening rather than non-food newsy items of interest to the wider audience. Perhaps if Chatterboxes are combined, a Gardening subforum might be welcomed?

I appreciate subforums are bypassed if the main Food Chat is bookmarked and are pointless if rarely used, but I get the feeling that there are enough interested posters now with kitchen gardens.

Postby Stokey Sue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:39 pm

:hi5:
Pleased to see this one back in my repertoire :)

And of course the bounce :bounce:

Postby karadekoolaid » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:48 am

I´d suggest that ANY thread that is not directly related to food be moved to the "Announcements" section (although it might be necessary to change the word "announcements").
That includes gardening, TV shows, dominoes,chatter, etc.

Postby Pampy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:53 am

But then any announcements such as planned maintenance, changes to board rules etc would get lost in the general chit-chat (and some members may choose not to participate in non-food discussions so would never look at the thread). I think that we need to have a separate thread which is used solely to disseminate forum specific information.

Postby herbidacious » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:20 pm

I love the :bounce: I don't use it enough.

Postby karadekoolaid » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:42 pm

But then any announcements such as planned maintenance, changes to board rules etc would get lost in the general chit-chat (and some members may choose not to participate in non-food discussions so would never look at the thread

At the moment, any announcements are "stickied" (does that word exist? :shock: ) at the TOP of the Topics forums with an Exclamation Mark next to them, so I don´t see any reason to change that: ie. "Wildfood RIP" and " Joan has Peace". Since announcements are usually short term, they can be relocated at any moment; but they don´t get lost.
As for some members not participating in some threads, that´s precisely my point. I, for example, don´t participate in Chatterbox or TV Series, as I´m not really interested in them. I´d rather have them in a different place so I can concentrate on food topics only.

Postby slimpersoninside » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:49 pm

karadekoolaid wrote:I´d suggest that ANY thread that is not directly related to food be moved to the "Announcements" section (although it might be necessary to change the word "announcements").
That includes gardening, TV shows, dominoes,chatter, etc.

Pampy wrote:But then any announcements such as planned maintenance, changes to board rules etc would get lost in the general chit-chat (and some members may choose not to participate in non-food discussions so would never look at the thread). I think that we need to have a separate thread which is used solely to disseminate forum specific information.

Can a new section (not just a thread as this would become a very long one), along the lines of the Announcements, be made? Pampy has raised what could be an issue, so a totally different section, if possible, would probably be for the best.

I like the idea of calling it Chit-Chat.

Postby Amyw » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:13 pm

I would say current food board , non food related board then board admin Section would be best IMO

Postby slimpersoninside » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:26 pm

I think what Amy has said is what I'm trying to get at, only not very well :oops: .

Is it possible I'm talking about a sub-forum (then again maybe not ;) ).

Many thanks to Sakkarin and all. Sorry to be such a nuisance after such a warm welcome.

Postby Pepper Pig » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:32 pm

Very good points. Can I be really nosey Sakkarin. I was a member here before the enforced amalgamation and I’d like to know if you’ve lost any of your regulars because of this. That would be very sad.

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:51 pm

Pepper Pig wrote:I’d like to know if you’ve lost any of your regulars
As far as I can tell going back to last year, well before the Wildfood meltdown, not a single one Pepper.

However I may do a "send to all" to lapsed members that may have been put off by the problems we had last year, now well and truly history thank heavens.

Postby Amyw » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:34 pm

:gonzo not referring to our interesting Spanish friend by any chance haha !!

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:25 am

:crying1

Postby PatsyMFagan » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:34 am

Could the gardening thread be put under announcements, or at least get a Sticky, so it doesn't work itself off the page ;) thanks

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox