Register

1 space or 2 after a full stop?

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: 1 space or 2 after a full stop?

Postby Lusciouslush » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:56 pm

Were you at my school Lush? I could’ve written that ... every word :roll:[/quote]

LOL !! I think you were the gorgeous girl in goal defence - I was in goal attack........!

The good ol' days eh ?!?! Can still see that PE teachers face & would still like to smash it!

Postby Earthmaiden » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:21 pm

Lusciouslush wrote:The good ol' days eh ?!?! Can still see that PE teachers face & would still like to smash it!

Imagine my horror when I sat down one evening, long after my schooldays, to watch TV and saw my equivalent of that never-to-be-forgotton smug, unforgiving face showing viewers round the Wallace Collection! :? :o :evil:.

Postby Suffs » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:25 pm

One hockey mistress used sometimes to bring her rather gorgeous 16 and 18 year old public schoolboy sons to watch sturdy 14 year old grammar school girls run around in the mud in hockey shorts ... unforgivable :evil:

Postby Earthmaiden » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:17 pm

I'm sure there were nice ones and that anyone on these boards that was/is a PE teacher is lovely - but the profession does seem to attract a great many sadistic people. :evil:.

Postby Lusciouslush » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:18 pm

There may be a tape of that somewhere Suffs........... :stfu :mrgreen:

[quote="Earthmaiden"]Imagine my horror when I sat down one evening, long after my schooldays, to watch TV and saw my equivalent of that never-to-be-forgotton smug, unforgiving face showing viewers round the Wallace Collection![/quot

I had something similar EM - a couple of years later, but not so prestigious as yours - went to a regular club with teenage friends, this particular night was known as 'Grab a granny' night - because of all the older laydees that went - & guess who I saw at the bar on her ownsome.....???

I felt sorry for for a split second - it soon went........!

Postby aero280 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:22 pm

Our PE teacher was an ex-navy Chief Petty Officer PE instructor!! :o

Postby Pepper Pig » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:04 pm

Today’s PE teachers are fit and lovely. A complete change from the sadists that we were at school with. DD recently got shortlisted for a part time job in the PE department at Kings Langley. She’s been head of PE at her school for 11 years. She’s 34 and was the oldest of the 17 applicants. Shortlisted and got the job.

I wonder how many of the generation that taught us were properly qualified.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:25 pm

My PE teacher was gay ... apparently :shock: . I seemed to be the only one who didn't know, but my peers did :oops: :roll:

Postby Pepper Pig » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:13 pm

We had two fat old women with moustaches who lived together. I couldn’t possibly comment.

Postby Stokey Sue » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:31 pm

The PE department was the head - older, grey haired, tall and skinny/muscular, allegedly gay, who also taught maths, plus one glamorous blonde and one glamorous brunette (she looked rather like Mary Tyler Moore) who were apparently the toasts of the yacht club

Postby Pampy » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:37 am

Sounds like I was lucky! I had 2 different PE/Games teachers during my time at grammar school. The first (suspected gay) was goalie for the England ladies hockey team and her enthusiasm for the game rubbed off on me. She left to become a missionary. The second was a very glamorous (married) woman who was also very encouraging. I think the only sport that I didn't really take to was tennis but that might have been because I was out of action during the term that it was first taught because I'd had my appendix removed, so when I started to play the year after, I was far behind every else.

Postby dennispc » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:42 am

Disliked my PE teacher - Mr McKay - walked round like a gorilla with piles.

Postby Renee » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:56 am

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby dennispc » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:15 am

1952 front row of the under 15 girls netball team in shorts! What's not to like. ;)

shorts.jpg

Postby Earthmaiden » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:19 am

Pepper Pig wrote:Today’s PE teachers are fit and lovely. A complete change from the sadists that we were at school with ......
I wonder how many of the generation that taught us were properly qualified.

That's good to hear, it seemed so stupid to put people off exercising for life when it is so important for health and wellbeing. During 'Wallace Collection's' time, we had a lovely young Swedish lady for a couple of terms who introduced us to a form of dancing/gymnastics to music (usually Whistling Jack Smith's 'I was Kaiser Bill's Batman') using red balls, which everyone was capable of and enjoyed. Swedish lady was clearly trained. Over here I think it was considered a job for those who didn't do well at teacher training college.

Goodness Dennis PC - what a lot of leg! :lol:.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox