Register

Beefburgers

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Beefburgers

Postby Earthmaiden » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:50 pm

Different people have such different tastes. Perhaps the only stipulation with 'traditional' foods from around the world is that they should be tried served as they are supposed to be first!

Postby Seatallan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:26 pm

For me, a crusty roll has to contain bacon or sausages.... :yum

I like burgers served in a traditional burger bap (preferably with sesame seeds).
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby Pampy » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:41 pm

Brioche buns too sweet for me too. I don't know why but there's something about the texture that I find unpleasant as well.

Postby jeral » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:02 pm

With compound burgers, it is probably also about that other great divide, i.e. either eating items singly or putting a bit of everything on a fork or in mouth together. Although, people who manage to take a bite from a 6" high burger must have reptilian dislocatable lower jaws :mrgreen:

Re the red onion garnish slices, do you soak them in lemon juice for a few minutes? I'd have thought that defeated the object of the contrasting raw taste, but maybe it's done to make it less burp inducing?

Postby karadekoolaid » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:41 pm

You´ve just brought up an interesting point, Jeral. A burger is a SANDWICH, so if it´s 6 inches high, it makes it a very difficult sandwich to eat. Eating a "sandwich" with a knife and fork is, well, sort of wierd, don´t you think?

Postby karadekoolaid » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:38 pm

Just had a look at 3 or 4 menus I brought back from Ohio and Kentucky. All the burgers are "build your own". One place sold the beef patty on the bun, with chips, and then get a choice between 5 different cheeses, 3 different hot peppers, mushrooms, peppers or onions, grilled veg,beer cheese ( I´ll tell you about that later!), fried eggs or bacon.
Another had beef, turkey, chicken, lamb or bison burgers, with things like olive tapenade,roasted tomatoes, pineapple salsa and the classic lettuce/pickle/tomato. Truffle butter was also available...

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox