Register

Bread after covid

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Bread after covid

Postby Suffs » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:11 pm

Since developing these erratic shoulders and a bit of arthritis in my thumb, I’ve been kneading my dreams dough for ten minscin the Kenwood Chef mixer with the dough hook.

Postby dennispc » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:51 am

At one time I kneaded, but eventually wrists became weaker, or I became lazier/softer. OH was baking a lot of cakes, so after a lot of umming and ahhing we bought a KitchenAid.

Put all ingredients in bowl, switch on slowest speed for two minutes, next speed for six.

Oil hands, with dough in bowl move it around a bit to form a rough ball shape. Cover with tea towel and leave for an hour. Tip out, baker’s fold twice. Shape and so on.

Put cold water in bowl to stop bits of dough sticking to the sides.

Easier than using a Magimix, which also only uses the one bowl.

Sorry Hicky, way back you posted about meeting up on the north coast and I forgot to reply. :oops: Walking there is now way beyond us and my deafness is a nightmare for a meaningful chat. Ian’s wife Jacqui found the same. It means OH has to translate!

Postby Hickybank » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:39 pm

No problem dennispic, just a thought,it would have been nice but at least we can keep in touch

Postby dennispc » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:53 pm

Hickybank wrote:No problem dennispic, just a thought,it would have been nice but at least we can keep in touch

:thumbsup

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox