Register

Tabbouleh

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Tabbouleh

Postby Lokelani » Thu May 28, 2020 9:05 pm

Amyw wrote:This is giving me a massive tabbouleh craving . I love grain salads in summer , filling but still light and you can add all sorts to them . Never really got on With pasta salads though , I find them too claggy.

I've never tasted a pasta salad I've liked either. Even if the pasta is perfectly al dente & the dressing a light one, they still have an ever so slightly stodgy texture somehow, compared to grains anyway. I adore pasta hot, but just not cold.

I do have a particular dislike of heavy or stodgy textures in general though. Compared to husband, I find many things too heavy or stodgy. Which is wonderful when bread, puddings or anything don't turn out light enough for me, he will usually (or maybe just politely?!) enjoy them. :)

Postby Amyw » Thu May 28, 2020 9:14 pm

Your bulgur salad sounds lovely Lokelani . I agree I love hot pasta in many dishes but I leave the cold pasta dishes to others . I love grilled halloumi too . We’re having a BBQ Saturday and as a non meat eater I might bbq some halloumi as a burger

Postby ZeroCook » Thu May 28, 2020 10:46 pm

I make mine pretty similar to PP's vegan link or a version of Claudia Roden's that uses tomatoes only and no cucumber. Flat parlsley is preferable IMO.

The Internet Archive has several Claudia Roden cookbooks (see below) as well as others which I discovered when I recently looked unsuccessfully for my copy of Middle Eastern Cooking wanting to make Wishna or cherry preserves - 'tis gone who knows where.

The Internet archive is a very useful not for profit site - has all sorts on it - books, articles, films etc - simply register and you can view/borrow/download.

https://tinyurl.com/y9nu3o25

Postby scullion » Fri May 29, 2020 12:00 am

i get the impression that you aren't in the uk. i'm pretty sure we can no longer access the internet archive; i used to use it a lot but since the change in the eu data laws it's unavailable here.
your link won't load for me.

Postby Pampy » Fri May 29, 2020 12:05 am

I'm in the UK and it's just loaded for me.

Postby scullion » Fri May 29, 2020 12:40 am

bums - must just be me then!
i wonder why it's stopped loading for me.

ps. i have found out that our provider blocks it unless you give proof of being over 18 as they say it contains 'adult content'. i will have to give my driving licence number or my passport number - not sure i want to do either!
Last edited by scullion on Fri May 29, 2020 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Pampy » Fri May 29, 2020 12:52 am

Try the full web address https://archive.org/search.php?query=claudia+roden&&and[]=subject%3A%22Coffee%22&and[]=subject%3A%22Cooking%2C%20Mediterranean%22&and[]=subject%3A%22Cooking%2C%20Middle%20Eastern%22&and[]=subject%3A%22Cookery%22&and[]=subject%3A%22Cookery%20(Coffee)%22&and[]=subject%3A%22Cooking%2C%20Spanish%22&and[]=subject%3A%22Jewish%20cooking%22

Postby ZeroCook » Fri May 29, 2020 7:14 am

-

Thanks Pampy - was going to post the full url - I used the tinyurl utily as it was so long! (now you see why :D )

scullion wrote:
ps. i have found out that our provider blocks it unless you give proof of being over 18 as they say it contains 'adult content'.
i will have to give my driving licence number or my passport number - not sure i want to do either!

You're joking! Never heard of that - most browsers have filter settings that you can choose for 'adult content' but I wasn't aware that internet providers can pre-censor internet use at that level.

You might want to use a VPN. Protonmail is very reputable and does a free version.

Postby Pampy » Fri May 29, 2020 12:06 pm

I wonder if that was put in place to satisfy the (now cancelled) requirement to give your identity for age restricted content?

Postby Pepper Pig » Fri May 29, 2020 12:26 pm

ZeroCook wrote:The Internet Archive has several Claudia Roden cookbooks (see below) as well as others which I discovered when I recently looked unsuccessfully for my copy of Middle Eastern Cooking wanting to make Wishna or cherry preserves - 'tis gone who knows where.

The Internet archive is a very useful not for profit site - has all sorts on it - books, articles, films etc - simply register and you can view/borrow/download.

https://tinyurl.com/y9nu3o25

It appears to be a very controversial website.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2020/4/2/21 ... s-pandemic

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox