Register

Sainsburys customer service

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Sainsburys customer service

Postby Hickybank » Wed May 13, 2020 10:00 am

I shop in Sainsburys or did until the virus stuck, I then set up an online account & registered with them as vulnerable due to my age,
It worked fine until I tried to log in one day & could not access my account.
I rang customer service, who said the problem was their end & it had been passed to their technical dept.
Nothing happened.
I have now rung them nine times, same answer every time, "We have passed it on the the tech dept.
Strangely while all this was going on I had a delivery booked, I received an email from Sainsburys confirming the delivery & it turned up.
I have now given up & have set up an account with ASDA.
Appalling service in my opinion.

Re: Sainsburys customer service

Postby Suffs » Wed May 13, 2020 11:40 am

I don’t think that’s too bad to be honest ... they delivered your order ... they are coping with unprecedented demands and very likely with a reduced workforce. I’m sure most companies and people are doing their best ... as I said, you got your order after all ... they ensured you weren’t going to go hungry. Not sure what else they could have done ... :?

Postby Earthmaiden » Wed May 13, 2020 12:13 pm

I think they struggled a bit to get up to speed with the new situation but don't blame them for that.

I spent an hour waiting in a queue on the phone to get a refund when items were not given to me with a click & collect order. There was no other option to get the refund. They must be inundated. I have enjoyed shopping with Sainsburys since I was about 4 years old, I find that generally their customer service and training is particularly good.

Tesco do seem to be excelling themselves of late, not only in the community and with regard to eco things but also with getting up to speed with the current situation. I still don't care to shop in our large local store, it attracts certain kinds of people who irritate me like a magnet ;).

Postby smitch » Wed May 13, 2020 12:41 pm

I generally complain on social media to get a refund on click & collect or delivery items. I had an unsuitable substitution plus some very short dated bread from my Tesco click & collect. I didn’t want to go back to the store to return the items so contacted them on Twitter. I had a refund almost straight away.

Also works with Facebook if you don’t use Twitter.

Postby herbidacious » Wed May 13, 2020 12:54 pm

I just had an email from Sainsburys which said they were giving me a £2 voucher to make up the extra cost of subs. I thought this was a bit cheeky. And £2 is a suspiciously round figure. I suppose I ought to check that it's the right amount. I can't help thinking that supermarkets are probably getting away with a lot vis a vis missing delivery items (I don't check as most things go into quarantine) and quite extensive substitutions. I am not saying they are doing anything dishonest. But mistakes are made and some of us are distracted. We may all soon have to be penny pinching with an inevitable recession looming and high inflation likely.
I did notice that they seem to have pulled almost all their Basics range, which I think is pretty unethical of them. There were also a lot of normal own-brand items missing from their offerings.

Postby Busybee » Wed May 13, 2020 1:11 pm

My sister and I have had the same experience, lots of their own brand items unavailable so you get substitutions, but with Tesco they credit you with the difference at the checkout stage and it’s clearly marked at the top of your order.

We think it might be that as people of feeling the economic pinch in lockdown they are gravitating to the cheaper tier, hence no stock for people doing online shopping.

BB

Postby Suffs » Wed May 13, 2020 1:13 pm

In the main the supermarkets don’t have their own food factories ... Basics and Essential type ranges are made by the normal manufacturers who I imagine are concentrating on producing the main brands ... I doubt that Sainsbugs have any choice in the matter.

Postby Pepper Pig » Wed May 13, 2020 1:15 pm

I am an Ocado user and I’ve been pretty fed up this week with the huge price rises. How can a litre of vodka go from £17.60 to £22 in 7 days? That is not reflected in the Waitrose shop price.

Postby smitch » Wed May 13, 2020 1:17 pm

Yes, I’ve noticed my Ocado shop is significantly more expensive than normal. Most of the special offers are gone.

Postby Busybee » Wed May 13, 2020 1:28 pm

My shopping has also increased in price, I think it’s across the board. Less/no multi buy and special offers about.

BB

Postby Renee » Wed May 13, 2020 2:33 pm

At the moment, I'm getting Click'nCollect from Waitrose, due it being the quietest supermarket. If there are any substitutions, I am always asked if I want to accept them, which is good.

Postby Pampy » Wed May 13, 2020 3:18 pm

I've said on another post that I've given up with Ocado. It surprises me that as I assume they are the most experienced and organised company in the grocery home delivery market (as it's all they do), they seem to be the worst at coping with the current issues.
In both my in-store shopping and the few online and click/collect orders that I've managed to get, I've noticed that the prices are up and the quality is down. Things also seem to have much reduced use-by dates.
This morning I've travelled to my nearest Booths supermarket and it was a wonderful experience! Small, orderly queues, baskets returned to a member of staff who wipes them down with wipes, not too many people in the store and everyone observing social distancing, Plus lots of lovely things that I can't find anywhere else and excellent quality fresh produce. There was even a wheelbarrow full of new potatoes at the front of the store, which had been harvested and delivered early this morning. The store is quite a distance from where I live but now that BoJo's allowing us to travel more, I shall be shopping there much more.
Renee - Booths (Fulwood) was even quieter than Waitrose was when I went last week.

Postby Seatallan » Wed May 13, 2020 5:24 pm

Love Booths. We're lucky in that there's one in local town. I usually try to combine a visit with a run once per week, and walk back if I've not too much to get. It's all the better in that the local farm shop is almost next door. Makes me a very happy bunny.... :D
Food, felines and fells (in no particular order)

Postby dennispc » Wed May 13, 2020 6:01 pm

Sorry to hear that Hicky - I've just posted on Chatterbox, but certainly don't blame you switching.

When we ordered on-line they gave us a choice for each item as to whether we wanted substitutions or not. Then having placed our order, we were informed which ones would be substituted and what would be sent instead.

First time so won't be too excited.

When I tried to register with Co-op (been a member since whenever) and Morrisons, I was informed they don't deliver to our post code. They do, seen the vans. Tesco's is five/six miles from us. For Click and Collect the web site gave me a choice of stores, none were the local one, nearest was 25 miles away, then one 35 miles and last Penarth in South Wales - apparently 37miles - well yes, in a straight line, but somehow I don't think shipping in the Severn Estuary would appreciate me driving across!

Postby Pampy » Wed May 13, 2020 6:44 pm

That's interesting about Morrisons - they've delivered in my area since they first started online deliveries. However, I went onto the site when the lockdown first started and I got the message that they didn't deliver to my postcode. Then lo and behold, a couple of weeks ago, I was suddenly able to book a delivery (although there weren't any slots available). I know that they've made changes to their website, so I wonder if they were phasing it in area by area.

Postby Hickybank » Thu May 14, 2020 12:11 am

Lots of interesting reply's yes they did deliver my order, but I cannot access my account to place the next that is my gripe, they have admitted the problem is with them, I can do nothing unless they fix it

Postby strictlysalsaclare » Thu May 14, 2020 7:15 am

With regards to Sainsburys basics range - I think they are still doing it but have re-branded it and there are now various, slightly twee sounding, names to attract bigger sales. Look our for Hubbards tinned tomatoes, J James for both raw and cooked meat, and some fish items. Another one is Mary Ann's Dairy for cheeses. We have found that the J James cooked ham is OK but not wonderful. the frozen chick and prawns in their range is pretty good though. the rest of it is OK, although the Mary Ann's mature cheddar is more creamy than sharp, but still tasty.

Postby northleedsbhoy » Thu May 14, 2020 8:39 am

Ahhh, that explains a lot. I used to buy Sainsbury’s Scottish Mature Red Cheddar for making cheese sauce and it was also tasty in a sandwich but not seen it for a while which I put down to shortages. I’ve seen the Mary Ann range but didn’t twig tha it was the rebranded name. Unfortunately the blocks are too large now as I wouldn’t make enough sauce or sandwiches to warrant buying it.

Will have to go back to Red Leicester for sauce but will need something to bump up the taste as I like a strong cheese sauce.

Cheers
NLB :thumbsup

Postby Renee » Thu May 14, 2020 8:46 am

Pampy wrote:Renee - Booths (Fulwood) was even quieter than Waitrose was when I went last week.

That's interesting Pampy. My nearest Booths are in Penwortham and Chorley centre. I haven't been to either since the Coronavirus outbreak.

Postby herbidacious » Thu May 14, 2020 10:11 am

Ah I see. I thought they were just bringing in other cheap brands. Are they just as bad? ;) (Ok some are ok but others, definitely not worth buying. My husband defaults to Sainsburys basics when he's not working. Not necessary and drives me up the wall.)

basics contact lenses.jpg

Next

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox