Register

Yeast supply,s

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Yeast supply,s

Postby Hickybank » Thu May 07, 2020 10:54 pm

I dont think Bridgwater is too bad now although rarely go there at night, just the occasional meal out, we have never seen any trouble but I am sure it is there, Chilton Trinity is on the edge of Bridgwater so great for all amenities
but still far enough away to be in the country, We love Holford Wood & Kilve but St Aurdries bay is our favourite with the waterfalls onto the beach, have you been there?

Postby mistakened » Fri May 08, 2020 11:27 am

I cannot get dried yeast at present, no Dove Farm, no Allinsons. I am convinced that it is all in a container stuck on ship out in Limassol Bay

Postby dennispc » Thu May 14, 2020 5:13 pm

No we haven’t been to St Audries Bay Hicky, back in the day it was a private girl’s school, probably meant access was restricted. In the Forestry Commission’s place nearby there was an orienteering course that I’ve run a few times and walked the length of the Quantocks, and back, for charity. These days a leisurely stroll round Watchet is more our style!

Postby Hickybank » Thu May 14, 2020 10:15 pm

St Audries bay is beautiful, perhaps when all this crap is over we could meet up for a walk on it.

Postby Luca » Thu May 14, 2020 11:31 pm

I have finally managed to get hold of yeast delivered by Ocado today. It’s been a long time (years) since I have made bread but I remember it being very therapeutic.

Any suggestions for a straightforward and great recipe? I have various recipes but they are quite old. Doubt it changes much but perhaps somebody could direct me in the right direction? I have basic flour.

Postby aero280 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:47 pm

I posted this link to Dan Lepard's easy loaf on the bread machine thread yesterday. It worked for me when I started...

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... -own-bread

Postby Luca » Thu May 14, 2020 11:52 pm

aero280 wrote:I posted this link to Dan Lepard's easy loaf on the bread machine thread yesterday. It worked for me when I started...

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... -own-bread

Super. Thanks. Will report back!

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox