Register

homemade marmite

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: homemade marmite

Postby Pepper Pig » Fri May 08, 2020 8:43 am

I noticed yesterday in M&S that they are doing Marmite Butter and Marmite Cream Cheese.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/food- ... ws/marmite

Postby Earthmaiden » Fri May 08, 2020 10:54 am

I do take my hat off to Marmite marketers for all the ideas they have had over the past few years. They really keep fans on their toes and seem to do well from it. I am not such a geek that I would study sales figures - but it would be interesting to see the cost of research and development v sales. Clearly they think it's worth it! I wonder if, in cases like M&S, Marmite approach M&S or vice versa.

I would still prefer to make my own concoctions with it - and spread it on top of the butter myself :lol:.

Postby spangle » Fri May 08, 2020 12:24 pm

I kind of really like the idea of making marmite. I don't think I'll ever get round to it, lot of time and leftover bread involved, but would be fascinating to see what it tastes like. Can't imagine, especially with the only salt coming from the bread. But interesting to see the recipe.

I'm one of those weird people who neither loves nor hates Marmite. I quite like it. I sometimes have a jar in the house that lasts me about 3 years. I really like the new Marmite peanut butter though, straight from the jar. It's weird but tasty.

Postby PatsyMFagan » Fri May 08, 2020 12:34 pm

spangle wrote:I'm one of those weird people who neither loves nor hates Marmite. I quite like it. I sometimes have a jar in the house that lasts me about 3 years. I really like the new Marmite peanut butter though, straight from the jar. It's weird but tasty.

Me too, although daughter loves it on her crumpets ... then she discovered Marmite peanut butter and my first reaction was of horror. However, a sneaky taste (straight from the jar :thumbsup ) and I can see the appeal. :yum

Postby spangle » Fri May 08, 2020 12:39 pm

Ha ha, yes, it's oddly addictive :) I have an unopened jar that I'm trying to leave as long as possible while I finish up my 'normal' peanut butter, but don't think I'll hold out that long.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox