Register

Error messages

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Re: Error messages

Postby miss mouse » Sat May 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Suffs wrote:Fine here too ... they must’ve put a new battery in it ;)

No probs here either but as said previously I don't consciously post at set times so the random error has gone I'd guess.

Postby Suffs » Sat May 02, 2020 4:18 pm

What was weird was the number of times o found o was posting at just those times .... and I’m not that frequent a poster :?

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Sat May 02, 2020 4:59 pm

As I said before, it's Sod's Law :-(

Just thank heaven we didn't do anything more drastic. If I'd have taken my ISP's advice we might even have had a Wildfood type of cataclysm.

Postby Suffs » Sat May 02, 2020 5:40 pm

Sakkarin wrote:As I said before, it's Sod's Law :-(

Just thank heaven we didn't do anything more drastic. If I'd have taken my ISP's advice we might even have had a Wildfood type of cataclysm.

:o :shock: :o Heaven forfend!!!

Postby miss mouse » Sun May 03, 2020 3:09 pm

Suffs wrote:What was weird was the number of times o found o was posting at just those times .... and I’m not that frequent a poster :?

Exactly what I thought.

Postby dennispc » Tue May 05, 2020 11:00 am

Long before Wildfood stopped I felt iPad didn’t link well, lost quite a few posts and a couple of times my username! One reason I don’t post so much is because I don’t want to come upstairs every time to use computer. And the board is filling up so fast, whatever it was I wanted to contribute had long lost relevance. Happy to use iPad just read the posts over breakfast. Slows me down!

The current error messages I just accept as part of life. :D

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Tue May 05, 2020 11:07 am

Are you still getting them? They've completely disappeared this end now.

Occasionally I hit the wrong button and lose a post, particularly if someone has cross-posted while I was writing a post. The board recognises that there's another post, and asks you to confirm you still want to post. I usually miss that and lose the post.

If I can remember, I write my post in "Notepad", so I don't lose it, then cut and paste into a post at the last moment.

Postby miss mouse » Tue May 05, 2020 11:51 am

Sakkarin wrote:Are you still getting them? They've completely disappeared this end now.

I'm not getting them either, totally gone here as well, thanks Sakkarin, I have no idea how this stuff works, how clever to sit it out

dennispc, I hate to have to tell you but those plods up the stairs are seriously good physio according to my young physio friend...I will now race (or limp) up the stairs, use it or lose it I think.

Postby dennispc » Wed May 06, 2020 10:25 am

Liked your post miss mouse, would love to have a physio round to put me through my paces!

If I’m coming down empty handed I do walk down backwards - hanging on the bannisters - as that is good for me.

Postby miss mouse » Wed May 06, 2020 11:30 am

dennispc wrote:If I’m coming down empty handed I do walk down backwards - hanging on the bannisters - as that is good for me.

Yes, do hang on to the bannister, Rule Of Three as the late FiL told us so many times, and I still remember it while climbing step ladders. Oh dear, I suppose I should follow my own bossy-boots instructions and race up the stairs a few times.

Still no error message.

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox