Register

Masterchef is upon us

For all refugees from the old Beeb Food Boards :-)
Chill out and chat with the foodie community or swap top tips.
NOTE: CHATTERBOX IS IN THIS FORUM

Moderators: karadekoolaid, THE MOD TEAM, Stokey Sue, Gillthepainter

Site Admin

Re: Masterchef is upon us

Postby Sakkarin » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:16 am

I think the fact that I am still watching it is proof otherwise! I would probably have said the same as you prior to watching it.

The problem with these programmes is there's a point where you get drawn in, which is the point of no return...

However I suggest you check one out, they're down to the last 5 now so there's not much more to go (it's on the W channel). If you have an open mind I guarantee there will not be a dud recipe. The series feature previous contestants, most of whom are now successful in their own right.

When I started watching the series I was fast forwarding to the judging. Now the cooking is so good I'm watching the wholle programme, and have been for some while. Theere is a downside in that they often use native ingredients which we have no way of appreciating.

Postby mistakened » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:07 pm

Sakkarin wrote:Theere is a downside in that they often use native ingredients which we have no way of appreciating.
I would love to try finger limes, I also envy the range of fish and shell fish.

Site Admin

Postby Sakkarin » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:19 pm

My jaw dropped when Laura finished off her mushroom dish yesterday with about a hundred quid's worth of truffle shavings...

Postby Pampy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:51 pm

mistakened wrote:
Sakkarin wrote:Theere is a downside in that they often use native ingredients which we have no way of appreciating.
I would love to try finger limes, I also envy the range of fish and shell fish.

Finger limes are ok - a bit of a novelty when they're used in dishes that you can actually tell that they've been used (eg in a salad dressing or over fish). They're really expensive here in the UK - I bought 250g for £14.95 (although to be fair, there were quite a few as they are small and light). Ocado have just started selling them too - £3.99 for 2!

Previous

Return to Food Chat & Chatterbox